Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wish that was type II for that price ...

·
has left the building
7,314 Posts
I'll go with the consensus, then. Sounds like a nice car but nothing special. That's why I was salivating over the prospect of a 66K mile GS, although I've never seen a Canterbury one. Josh is going to go look at it either tonight or tomorrow.

·
has left.
4,520 Posts
I'll go with the consensus, then. Sounds like a nice car but nothing special. That's why I was salivating over the prospect of a 66K mile GS, although I've never seen a Canterbury one. Josh is going to go look at it either tonight or tomorrow.
They're out there. I have seen them. They're few and far between though, that is certain.

Some pictures of the interior would help too.
Makes you question why he is selling it though. He says he has too many cars, but that is always one of the top one liners to throw out there.
I got the impression was that he was trying to say: I bought this from someone who had no idea what they had and now I'm trying to swing a profit on it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well beside Type II badge and TCS to look for, there is another quick pin point out as well to tell right away if it's really a type II engine by just look at the OEM intake hose assembly (thin red circle). I know that the OEM air intake hose assemblies are quite different between the two engines. Now that is a type 1 no doubt about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yup for sure a type I, damn GS wannabe. I dont know if anyone knows but carfax.com has their own search and I found a 94 LS coupe with 36k miles but too bad it was sold. Just shows that there are hidden gems all over.... I wish I had caught that one earlier.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
ptan, if that's a pic of the F/S car, that is definitely a Type I engine. I got a better look at the intake hoses from your pic.
You bet SR.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.