Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has or know where to find the info. about the interchangeability between the 2.5 and 2.7 engs? I found a 2.5 at a yard but my car is a 2.7. I like to pull : fuel injectors, valve lifters, oil pump...the price is dirt cheap. I need to do it fast before it's gone. I hope that the differences between the 2 is only in the bore and stroke. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
308 Posts
chuot,
Fuel Injectors and lifters use the same part numbers 2.5/2.7 so are interchangable, not sure on the oil pump. I would not reccomend old injectors that have been sitting around unused for awhile as dried fuel gums up internals, the cost of cleaning and rebuilding is the same as buying from an auto parts store. To double check, call a local Acura dealer and ask for the part numbers for the items you want to use from the 2.5L. Then call another Acura dealer and ask for the part numbers for a 2.7L . If they are identical, you can interchange.

regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I never thought of calling the dealers. I haven't had such nice experience with the dealers as Slugman has had. Nick T's idea is excellent. Thanks
Chuot

·
Registered
114 Posts
how you all doing today,well if you look my last message called engine and transmission swap you will find the answer but I m gonna tell you what I have done to my car,the engine that I originally had was a 2.5 when I bent the valves I got another engine to replace it with the 2.7 and I did the job my self,the only few things that are different would be 1st the distributer if you look at yours(2.5) it has like a small black canister they call it the advanced pressure just above the distributer and it has two hoses going to the throtle,but the 2.7 does not have it, but there is a connector on top it that the 2.5 does not have,the 2nd thing was the wiring I m talking about the main one that goes from the fuse box thru the injectors,alternator,and it connects to 3 big connectors on the firewall ,so the 2.5 has 3 connectors but the 2.7 has 4 connectors its just above the passenger side strust,everything else should work,I just remembered one more thing and that is the transmission if I M not mistaking 88 the transmission was controlled by the computer but before that it was not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.