Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the 94-97 Honda Accord ex/lx 2.7 v6 engine the same as the legend engine? my friend has headers for the v6 accord and i was wondering if i can use the headers on my legend .. and i was also wondering if i can use other accord engine parts on my legend .. like pulleys, cams, etc ..
thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
THE V6 ACCORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. The engine is the same but, I believe Honda did a few design changes before they put it in the Accord. I would do some investigating before I added the headers from the Accord to your legend. Another thing I was looking at the headers for a 3.0 CL and they look as if they would fit a G1 legend. Any thoughts on this matter? Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Comptech is in El Dorado Hills right down the road from where we had the meet. They are pretty cool in there, but they are very pricey, and tend to focus on all the second Gen Acuras. I asked about First Gen Stuff and they couldn't do a whole lot for me.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
From the December 1994 Car and Driver road test of the Accord V6:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, we talked to the engine guys. The say the Accord's 2.7-liter V-6 is "95 percent new," with new heads and manifolds and a revised block. The remaining 5 percent was carried over from the engine in the 1988-'91 (sic) Acura Legend Coupe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
109 Posts
vince said:
From the December 1994 Car and Driver road test of the Accord V6:

quote:
Next, we talked to the engine guys. The say the Accord's 2.7-liter V-6 is "95 percent new," with new heads and manifolds and a revised block. The remaining 5 percent was carried over from the engine in the 1988-'91 (sic) Acura Legend Coupe.
Ok Ok, but what if you put the 94-97 Accord heads on your G1 Legend? Are the headbolts lined up the same? Are all the coolant and oil passages the same? If so then you could get the heads and put the headers on.....its a lot of work for headers but hey, thats some commitment to performance there :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
past_acura_owner said:

Ok Ok, but what if you put the 94-97 Accord heads on your G1 Legend? Are the headbolts lined up the same? Are all the coolant and oil passages the same? If so then you could get the heads and put the headers on.....its a lot of work for headers but hey, thats some commitment to performance there :D
That would seem logically possible, though I am not completely sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.