Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just found this site! Really cool. I can't stop looking at it because I am already crazy about the "Legend". But I can't decide between a 2 or 4 door Legend (93-95 only!). I love the sedan look, but it's so damm
hard to find a sedan with a manual trans. And I know the coupes have the type II. And it's nearly impossible to find a GS sedan 6-speed.

Can you guys tell me the difference in handling between the sedan and coupe?? Being stock, which seems to be better?

I just don't know if I can get used to the coupe look over that sexy sedan body!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much in advance for the replies!

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
being stock...the coupe gets the edge.

you can roll down the rear windows in that damn thing...not to mention the door close assist...and bigger wheel wells.

and the sedan...well...has 4 doors....yay.

by the way, sedan GS = coupe LS, only with 4 doors. w/o the door close assist.

handling....hard to say. it's like comparing the G35 sedan to a G35 coupe as one member told me. drive both and then compare.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Stock for stock, the coupe might have a slight edge over the sedan handling wise, but both cars are heavy and any difference, if at all, wouldn't be much.

Ultimately, it comes down to your preference and what's most important to you. I have 2 sedans, but I like the coupe too. I just happen to be more of a sedan kind of guy.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Well, I have both...

The Sedan provides a little bit more comfort, because it feels larger, it gives the impression of being a bit more luxurious. The GS Sedan, can look very elegant and classy, a very timeless design.

The Coupe is sportier, it has a more unique look, it's still classy, but the Sedan is just a bit classier I think. Sporty- gives it the edge though, and it draws a lot more looks because of it, it's also more rare.

Some minor differences you'll notice;
Coupe seats hold in place more, the sides of the seats are more snug.
Door handles are different, Sedans have somewhat modern looking doorhandles. Coupes have flat door handles. The switches on the coupe are angled on the Sedan they are not. Coupes have a magnetic door sucker so you don't have to slam the door, it sucks the doors in when you nudge the door in slowly. The steering wheel system on the coupe feels a lot sportier- tigher, and slightly more responsive.

Sedan:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/FutureX2001/sedangs1.jpg

Coupe:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/FutureX2001/DSC00005.jpg

Hope my coupe looks more like this one when I'm done with it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/FutureX2001/DSC001081.jpg

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If you frequently travel with more than 2 persons, opt for the Sedan. The backseat room in the Coupe is almost non-existant. I am just under 6ft and drive with the seat set fully back. There isn't even foot room for a small child behind the driver's seat. Access is a major pain due to the seat belt. If you are over 6 ft in height, you will probably have your head hit the headliner/sunroof even with the seat fully down and the sunroof sunshade retracted.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Well, I have both...

The Sedan provides a little bit more comfort, because it feels larger,

[/url]
I don't think it just feels larger, I think it is larger. The Sedan has a longer wheelbase vs the Coupe, and it also has a longer body length than the Coupe. Over all everything about it is just a little larger than the Coupe. Even the over all height is a little taller than the Coupe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.