Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 legend with stock Bose system...one of the rear 6x9 blown so i went and got a pair of pioneer 2 way 200W 40RMS 6x9 to replace the stock ones.....the stock speakers' low were pretty nice....it have a deep sound to eat that u can actually feel......i figure with the new speakers...it would perform better than stock speakers....well fast forward to after i install the pioneer......what i notice is that it doesnt have the deep bass that u can feel anymore....but when i adjust the balance to just the left or right speaker....it would have a really nice deep low to it....but when i adjust it to center...the low would drop dramatically....i figure the low would drop but just not that much.....the stock speaker have better low than the new pioneer when balance is set to center......why is that ?? can anyone help ?? thanks

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I feel your pain man:(

The bose system has a really nice low note that I have not been ablt to reproduce up until recently.... They balance their systems very well and I love the look, the sound, and most of all the steering wheel controls.

My first attempt was pioneer deck and JBL 6.5s and 6x9s, non amplified. Had everything but the low bass.

Second attempt was Alpine deck, kicker 6x9s, JL 6.5s and a sweet phoenix gold amp hoooked up to the 6x9s. They cranked, but still lacked the low bass.

Then just on wednesday, I swapped the phoenix gold amp for an older pioneer premier amp that was attatched to a sub that I am selling.

This turned out to be succesful because the amp was more tweakable than the phoenix gold was. You could adjust bass boost, and the HPF filtere crossover frq., and a few other things.

So now I have the deep bose bass, but I think you can only get it with the right combination. You need to amplify aftermarket 6x9s, with the right amp, and you will get it.

I dont think you can do it by just replacing the speakers...

I miss bose anyways:rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
92 sedan POS said:
i have a 94 legend with stock Bose system...one of the rear 6x9 blown so i went and got a pair of pioneer 2 way 200W 40RMS 6x9 to replace the stock ones.....the stock speakers' low were pretty nice....it have a deep sound to eat that u can actually feel......i figure with the new speakers...it would perform better than stock speakers....well fast forward to after i install the pioneer......what i notice is that it doesnt have the deep bass that u can feel anymore....but when i adjust the balance to just the left or right speaker....it would have a really nice deep low to it....but when i adjust it to center...the low would drop dramatically....i figure the low would drop but just not that much.....the stock speaker have better low than the new pioneer when balance is set to center......why is that ?? can anyone help ?? thanks
I think your wired your speakers out of phase. Try to change the + and - on one of them and see what happens. When speakers are out of phase, low frequencies get cancelled out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts