Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Mike, and I am a Legend Enthusiast. I have wanted a Legend since before I was even old enough to drive. My original plan was to get a LS coupe but after test driving so many Legends, I finally found the right one. This LS sedan happened to be owned by a close neighbor who lives right down the street and was definitely in the best condition out of all the ones that I had seen. It was a struggle convincing him to sell the car, as he did not want to part with it at all for some time. So I saved up for a while, convinced him that I wanted it bad enough and was willing to pay him whatever he wanted, took out a bank loan, and paid it all off last September.

I'm currently approaching the 150k mark. Roughly every mechanical component in the car has been serviced or replaced. I will have had it for 2 years in a few weeks!

So here is a dedication and my 1000th post:

STOCK

H.I.D

CLEAR CORNERS / WINDOW TINT

JDMs

NEW KA8 WHEELS

INTERIOR

JDM TAILLIGHTS - CUSTOM

LED - CORNERS / PLASMA ION - FOGS

REJUVENATION

ALPHA TOURING GRILLE

New exhaust system installed!

Stromung Catback

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrads on the amazing work you have done on your Legend. :thumbsup: Keep up the great work Mike. Lovin the pix :p

·
Road Trip King
4,673 Posts
Awesome post, Mike, and an even awesome-er Legend! She's come a long way. Can't wait to see what the next two years and thousand posts brings. That's interesting you were looking for a KA8 initially. I bet the prior owner of your KA7 wouldn't even recognize it -- you ought to swing by and show the guy all the upgrades you've made.

·
Tristate Committee Member
2,208 Posts
congrads mike. i never knew your name here! congrads on the 1000posts and 2 years of owning her. she came a long way now. from stock to show quality. i hope you enjoyed your stay and hope you enjoy your future with acura-legend.com.

·
Holla at Ya Boy
1,448 Posts
Nice Pics Bling!!! I like the way you have modded your legend and still have an OEM look about it. Congrats on your 1000th Post. You are an inspiration.

·
Gagmo
638 Posts
:bowdown: :thumbsup: :boink: Awesome Blingy - Very, VERY Nice!! Keep up the good work!! :bowdown: :thumbsup: :boink:

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrads on the amazing work you have done on your Legend. :thumbsup: Keep up the great work Mike. Lovin the pix :p
Very Nice .. :thumbsup:
Thanks

Awesome post, Mike, and an even awesome-er Legend! She's come a long way. Can't wait to see what the next two years and thousand posts brings. That's interesting you were looking for a KA8 initially. I bet the prior owner of your KA7 wouldn't even recognize it -- you ought to swing by and show the guy all the upgrades you've made.
Thanks Tyson, You have always been a huge inspiration.

I was searching pretty hard for a coupe at first and once I finally got the sedan, I swore to myself that my next car would be an Acura Legend coupe LS. I can only hope to find the right one when the time comes. :)

damnit, thats supposed to be my exhaust! damn you drew :p

Looking good mike, quite the compilation.
:angel:

Thanks Wyatt

congrads mike. i never knew your name here! congrads on the 1000posts and 2 years of owning her. she came a long way now. from stock to show quality. i hope you enjoyed your stay and hope you enjoy your future with acura-legend.com.
Congratulations man. Very nice pics of a really nice car.

Thanks fellas. :)

nice! now lets see some video clippies
Once I find a camera to use that has audio to the video then I'll be rollin'

Nicely done!!! Your story is inspiring. Glad to see it was tastefully modded.

Thanks, I try to be tasteful when modifying the Legend. It's style is timeless, and I wouldn't dream of messing that up.

Very Very sweet! I've only had my legend 6months and I'm already almost at 3kposts. Ouch...atleast i don't post whore as much as Austin or Greek. Might i recommend a Weapon r and a sr5 or T. chip?
Thanks Ryan, actually I already have a CAI "in the bag" I just haven't installed it yet. I haven't thought much about a chipped ECU, but it has crossed my mind...we'll see.

Nice compilation. I think you should be showin off a console on here though. And post some more. You're making my high post count seem embarrassing.
:giggle:

Thanks Ken. I'll probably be posting even less now that I am back in school full-time. Installing EDM/UKDM console soon.

Nice Pics Bling!!! I like the way you have modded your legend and still have an OEM look about it. Congrats on your 1000th Post. You are an inspiration.
Thanks Earl. I've never seen a G2 Canterbury Green KA8 cleaner and cooler than yours is. If I could, I'd get my coupe in the same color. :D

:bowdown: :thumbsup: :boink: Awesome Blingy - Very, VERY Nice!! Keep up the good work!! :bowdown: :thumbsup: :boink:
Thanks Joe, it wouldn't be where it is now without your help. :hug:

loolks good man just work on a "H" emblem for the trunk!!!
Thanks Rich, a custom trunk lid is already in the works.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Very Very sweet! I've only had my legend 6months and I'm already almost at 3kposts. Ouch...atleast i don't post whore as much as Austin or Greek. Might i recommend a Weapon r and a sr5 or T. chip?
tahts not cool, i do more post whoring then GP, not as much as Wyatt but i don't even get a mention. Thats not cool yo!

·
Metro Legends Baby!!!
639 Posts
Very nice progression the Legend looks great and I bet runs like new considering all the engine work you put in to it. Congrats on your 1000 post I've been here for 3 years and I only have half of what you have. I have a set of JDMs on my 91 Ls too I was wondering what did you use for you HID set up and do you have the highs working through the same bulb or have you eliminated the JDM fogs?

Thanks and great lookin Legend

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice progression the Legend looks great and I bet runs like new considering all the engine work you put in to it. Congrats on your 1000 post I've been here for 3 years and I only have half of what you have. I have a set of JDMs on my 91 Ls too I was wondering what did you use for you HID set up and do you have the highs working through the same bulb or have you eliminated the JDM fogs?

Thanks and great lookin Legend

Thanks Cudaman. :)

My HID setup is ONEX, a Japanese brand.

I don't have functional high beams or bi-xenon at the moment, my buddy Joe wired up a switch discreetly inside the center console box for the JDM (yellow) fogs. My lows are the HID, and of course the regular fogs (plasma ion) are still hooked up to the OEM switch. So now I have two sets of fogs and low beam HID. :giggle:

I do plan on doing bi-xenon in the future, maybe even a different temperature kelvin for the color.

lookin good blingo, i bet ure lovin that stromung, we should get together again sometime
Andy, you couldn't be more right.

I went out on I-75 at about midnight for several hours after I had it installed, its so damn fun to drive at night without traffic, especially now.

...I love it :D

·
DI-your-NAN
3,031 Posts
Stro your mung.

Oh, word.

:lol: Foreal though, sooo much progress has been made since I first meet up with you and saw your Legend. It's gettin' there, man, real quickly, too. Stromung FTW.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts