Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I let my Coupe get way below the red line just to measure my mpg... I put $10 of chevron 91 octane (like usual) and decided to just do some city driving 0-50 stop and go's everywhere... Well, those $10 got me 2.44 gallons and my coupe got me 49.8 miles before the gas light turned on. I know it would have gotten me more but since I was getting to an area where there were nothing but hills, I had to refuel...:yes:

Have you guys ever tried anything like that?

I also seafoamed it the day before I did that..... Need a new set of spark plugs too.:hide:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I'm slightly confused...

So your car had almost no gas at all, then you put in $10 [2.44 gallons] which brought it slightly above empty, correct? Then you drove 49.8 miles, at which point your low fuel light came on? So in theory you didn't even use all of those 2.44 gallons, which means your gas economy would be even better than 20.41mpg. Something most be incorrect there.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
The only way to semi-accurately measure MPG is to first fill your tank, mark down odometer reading, drive for how ever long you want and then refill the tank full again. Now take the odometer reading subtract your original reading (at first fill-up) and divide by number of gallons you put in at the second filling.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
I regularly get 20-22mpg each tank.. I reset my trip meter each time i fill up, next time I fill up, I divide the mileage driven by the amount of gallons I fill up.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
man don't run that coupe so close to dryyyy. i mean unless you really love replacing fuel filters.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
the G1 computer is amazing, it measures for you :p.

but yeah, you didn't accurately measure your gas mileage, the gas light doesn't always come on at the same time. for me, some times it comes on with 3 gal left in city drive, but freeway driving it comes on with ~1.5gal left.

man don't run that coupe so close to dryyyy. i mean unless you really love replacing fuel filters.
i think you mean pump....

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
yea Sick...measure your MPG the way Ari said, using a full tank. Once you start dividing, it gets addictive....I had a run of 24MPG on like 6 tanks in a row; my best was just a shade under 27!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
when you drive 55-65 you get the most gas mileage. I can't stand driving slow and average about 85 on the highway. Last summer i did a trip in the legend and was in a group so i had to go slow, i got 34 miles to the gallon. A/C on full blast, 5 ppl in the car, fully loaded down with my subs, luggage and a set of golf clubs. I haven't come close to that since then! I'm addicted to filling and dividing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.