Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK before ya'll start criticizing me for ****in up my legend just listen to what I have to say. It's SPRING! the cars are coming out along with the girls with the short clothes!!!!!!BIG FLASHY RIMS!!! Anyway My friend works at Fino's (Custom wheel and Tire shop in Denver, CO) Anyways I paid him a visit this saturday and fell in love with these rims!! They are 20" racing rims from Giovanni (chrome) I love these things to death!!! They are 20' though!:( But the hell!!!:D I talked to my friend about these and he told me we could get them to fit. HE SAID IT CAN BE DONE!!!!:D I know I will admit and 18" wheel would look alot better on a Legend but 20"???? I know it's extreme but the whole purpose of a 20" rim is to show off!!:D I saw a LEXUS ES300 with "twankies" The rims looked big but the car was tight as ****!!!! My friend at finos put 20's on his red mitsubishi 3000gt last summer (sweet ride by the way!) I mean 18's are sweet but wouldn't I be getting a whole **** load of heads turning with 20's instead!?!?! Let me know guys what you think on this!! Please don't get all defensive the rims aren't on my car yet!!!! Just and idea----->have to start some where!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sure

It can be done.
If thats what you want go for it. You can always take them off if you dont like them.
I myself rock 18"s and am thinking about 19"s.
I hope you guys have good roads in Colorado.:)

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually CO's roads aren't that bad it's just the roads in the city Denver that are all ****ed up!!:mad: It's OK though I see people rockin' 20's everywhere. I even seen an ugly Buick Skylark slammed on some!:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Good luck bro.
:)

You got a pic of the rims u want?

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'll find a pic and post it

·
Registered
376 Posts
Go for it legend11. 20's are nice. it will take away from the performance of the legend. your legend will feel really slow haha. but I too am planning on fitting some 20's on my legend but i'll be making my legend fit the wheels =)

ZOL

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree Zol

I agree with you zol. A car with 20's looks it's best when the car fits the rims but not when the rims fit the car!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do it.... I put my wheels and front bumper lip on last weekend. I forgot how "clean" it looked. Before I bought my 19's I looked everywhere for a 20" wheel that would fit. I am not sure but I think the Giovanna's come in high enough offset to support a 8-8.5" width, and the smallest tire is a 245/35/20. I thought it would cause me more of an hassel than pleasure. My 19's still draw alot of heads, maybe we should meet up sometime, I hope Finos give you a better price form what they qoute. I am thinking about entering my ride in the Ultra Import shoe in July.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
go for it. i have 19's on mine and am looking to go 20's. i doubt you can go 245's though. i'd say you can go 235 at most with a rim with super high offset. i'm running 225's with a 45mm offset and it barely clears with my pulled fenders. i think alexander is running 235's with a 50mm offset.
be warned though, with 20's you will have about an inch of tire with like 46 psi in them. the ride will definately suffer. but u'll turn a lot of heads. =)

-j

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i'm on 18s and moving to 19 in time, but for 20s oooooh boy are u gonna be riding harsh, i think the best way it can look is if u get some rubber bands tires and drop it till the rim is just about under the fender, if not you'll be riding high like a subaru Forrester

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would like someone to find a tire in a 235/35/20....... 245 is the smallest.

G

·
Get some chromy 19's man... 20's would be a hassle.... But if you could find some 20's get em...

I will have my 18's in a month.... :fingers crossed: he he...:D

Yeah man I feel ya.. I'm trying to hit corners hard w/ the Coupe this summer... It's my time to shine! Finally!:D :eek:

·
Registered
614 Posts
save the 20's for the s-classes and 7series. IMO it would look like a circus cart rolling on 20s.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I'm with Legend95 on this. The body lines of the Legend don't go well with 20s, IMO. I've seen a few, and they really look odd.

Like Legend95 said, 20s for the BMW 7, MB S-class, Lex GS, all for it. On the Legend, they would look like wagon wheels.

·
Registered
847 Posts
lol, 20" and racing??? Some how I can't put them together:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
I dont think he was thinking of racing with them.. he just wanted them fo show

1 - 17 of 17 Posts