·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good engine but watch out for that Tranny! Spend a bit more and get a 3.2CL Type S with 6 Speed.
I almost bought a CL before I bought my legend, but theres something about coupes I don't like for some reason. =\, not to mention I'd prefer automatic, I like driving a stick, but on a everyday basis in city driving it can be annoying shifting and downshifting a lot.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have an 03 tl-s. Never had any problems other than the transmission which has a warranty of like 100,000 miles or so. Great car with a lot of great features. The ride is very comfortable and it has good acceleration.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Oh yeah... it's a great car except that transmission sucks!
Not a big deal, transmission is not important... but hey, it has Navigation, power everything... big ACURA badge...
As a person who is familiar with Honda/ Acura for a long time, I can tell you that Honda was always known for very solid drive-train. They fucked up royally with that generation of 5-speed auto!
I'd stay away from those cars!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys, You're right, I did know the transmission was bad, but thank you all for confirming that it is really bad. I knew that some had issues, but didn't realize that almost every one had a transmission problem(which is what i've now read) I'll stay away from this car for sure, still waiting for a good TSX to come around cheap. The dealer is a good dealership, but that doesnt mean they know every trade that comes in past maintenance history or problems. I'm sticking for the legend for now =]

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about the G2 GS400? I am sure that you can find one in a good condition for about the same price as a G2 3.2TL and you get a much superior car for the money.
You're right, I do love that car:yes: , but its hard to find a good one around my area. The lexus dealer here has very little stock, especially used cars. The cheapest GS in my area is $20,000 because its an 03. If i could find say a 2000/2001 for like $15K or less, I'd definetly pick it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.