Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took a trip from tampa to charleston this christmas weekend and upon arriving in charleston i heard a horrific noise coming from under my hood.i stopped on route 17 to check it out and found that my ac compressor was not turning.i took my car immediately to the acura dealer on savannah hwy to find out the real problem.they said that the compressor had siezed up and had to be replaced but that they could not get one until thursday 12/29 so i told them i had to be back in tampa by monday so they removed my compressor belt so i could get back home with no more further damage.the dealer here said they could not look at it until thursday so tomorrow i will take it in to be repaired.i will let everyone know what it took to repair and the cost.my RL has only 86000 miles on it and has been in the dealer 4 times now with 2 repairs going on the auto tranny valve body.i think i will trade this car in on a 05 RL next year when the warranty expires.

· Banned
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello all. well i finally got my car back from the stealer on friday january 6, 2006 and the bill was a whooping $2100.thank God for the warranty but i think it's a bit much just to replace the ac compressor.well i just keep telling myself, welcome to the 2006's and it's not 1975 anymore.i have 20,000 miles left to the warranty and like i said this RL will be going bye-bye for a newer one probably a 2005 or 2006 and hopefully i will have better luck with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.