Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got my rental yesturday, AAA told me goto Hertz and get my car, and so I got a 2002 Maxima the sport one with the kit (I forget the model #) my impression, Well I have to say the car is nice, its quick off the line has good jump at 65mph to pass I like it, it also has the HID's, new for that model line on the 2002's boy I like those lights. The car is nice and roomy too. Will I ever consider owning one NO WAY..I like luxury cars the Maxima is not a luxury car I repeat the Maxima is not a luxury car and they let you know that. The car is very light why because if its not cloth its plastic, every inch of the interior is plastic even the door handles plastic plastic plastic everywhere plastic plastic I really see just how plush/luxuriant our Legends are and the quality of our interior is top notch in comparison, so no I still do not like the Maxima, but for what it is and features mentioned on this model it makes the car pleasant to drive. I do hate the suspension, I always have with the Maxima's
Example when on the free way when going over dips and bumps it takes it like a catepillar, you know how they walk, well with the Maxima after you go over a dip on the fwy you come out of that dip looking/feeling like a catepillar I hate it other than that its cool.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
Dude, the Legend interior is made out of plastic too. There's no difference.

G

·
Yeah, but the legend interior has wood trim and chrome in places. Its those little finishing touches that really make it nice.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Yeah, but the legend interior has wood trim and chrome in places. Its those little finishing touches that really make it nice.
The wood trim is plastic. Go ahead and scratch it and see if you find any wood in there. The chrome pieces like the door handles are also plastic, not metal. Same w/the button on the end of the parking brake. All plastic. The only real chrome dipped metal is on the headrest posts. Everything else is plastic.

But I agree that the look is certainly there. No modern vehicle has the genuine article anymore. No steel, no real wood. But the look is still nice. Very classy.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Bread said:

The wood trim is plastic. Go ahead and scratch it and see if you find any wood in there.
Well, my center wood trim is real wood. At least it better be since Acura said it was real burld wood and it cost $1600 for the center piece alone. Also, it is laid on a sheet of metal or aluminum. At least on mine there is alunimum or metal when viewed from the under side. For comparison purpose, the entire fake wood trim for the CL/TL can be had for about $700.

But truthfully, while there is a lot of plastic in our car, the feel of the plastic in our car has a much better feel than other cars. The 94 Civic EX Coupe I just bought is nice, but doesn't feel anywhere as upscale as the Legend. Same with my moms Accord. Nice, but not the same. Now the plastic in my old Ford Mustang really felt like cheap plastic.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
it was a cheap ass rental to. My mom has a new I30 and they gave her a I35 which is better but was so bone that it sucks no sunroof or anything. I bet the maixma would be nice if u were to go buy one

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
those 95 SE 5-speeds are quick. Pretty much exact same speed as the legend in the 1/4 but i think the legend would take it on the highway

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll never buy a Maxima no matter how quick or fast it is for the simple fact of the styling (domestic) Interior (on the cheap side, I'm afraid to see what the wood trim looks like in'em) suspension (boaty) besides I like luxury once you have luxury its hard to go backwards.

Like chrisk I too was told by Acura I have ginuwine wood not all Legends have the real deal though only some. I was shown in print but I forgot which ones I was only concerned about mines and as much as it cost it sure better be. I too understand that most of the interior in our cars are plastic and thats alright I'd rather have plastic than the old school metal everywhere anyday (our cars drink up enough gas), heck even the BMW/MB/LEXUS etc. are mostly plastic but the key is the quality of plastic used and the maxima's look like if I lean up against it it will crack like a cheap toy in a happy meal deal.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Only the LS models have real wood on the Legends (as well as GS), the others have plastic.

Now, while the interior of the Legend may also consist heavily of plastic, the overall quality, feel, and contruction is much better than the Maximas. Have you ever sat in a Mustang? You see their interior, it's nice but feels fake, that's also what the Maxima's feels like, even the 50k+ Corvette is like that!!. It feels "cheap" plasticky, the Legend interior feels very good in comparison, and does not feel cheap at all.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah you really notice it in American cars. Mustangs have it very bad, look in most used ones you see cracks all over the place and also where parts have chipped off, total garbage. Camaro have this problem as well, and they have their nerve to come with cigaret lighters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts