Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
473 Posts
it is worth it

Yes you need a warranty cause when something goes wrong with it u gonna be suprise.It is not a car that breaks down all the time but the ABS modulator may go bad it is about $ 3500 to fixe it or the air bag system .If you get a warranty around $1200 to $1700 it think it is worth

· Registered
24 Posts
Depends on how much it costs

I bought a 2000 Rl w/ 66000k. My credit union offered a 2yr 24000k extd warranty for $495 dollars. I have in the first 6 months had warranty service done on a window regulator ($450) and a door switch actuator ($370). It has paid for itself and I still have 18 months and 18000k left for anything else.
I hope this helps. :eek2:

· Registered
24 Posts
depends on the cost

I disagree with MEL. I would not pay over $1000.00 for the warranty unless it is for 4+ years and 48000k. But you wont find anyone banks offering such time lenghs. My credit union did offer though a 3 yr 36000 miles warranty for 675.00

· Registered
473 Posts
Believe it or not

Ok i am not asking you for opinion i am telling you what i pay for my 96 rl
when i bought it, it has 69k miles i paid $8750 for the car $1762 for the warranty+tax+tags +$95 processing fee and title fee everything was $11287 and the offered me the warranty at the dealership .My sister just bought an 04 BMW she payed $2200 for the extended warranty,and let me tell even if it is a certified car you gone pay for the certification the dealership will add the certification fee the price of the car u dont think you are paying for it but you are !!!!!!

· Registered
473 Posts
NOwarranty NO RL

man i tell don't buy an rl without any warranty because when that thing breakdown u gonna have a hole in your pocket i am telling you right,My rl was in the shop for 3 weeks and they tell that thy don't know what is wrong with it fist time the tech said that there was a recall on the brake swith ,he changed it =0 and then he said something about steering wheel changed it =00 and he said it was the vsa control unit changed it =000 and then he said he is gonna have to rewire the whole he was talk about wire issues finally got it but i don't know what he fixed but all the parts i listed were changed and i didn't pay one dime out of my pocket cause my rl is certified and the weird thing is that the car has 55k miles .the main reason why i put it in the shop was when am driving all the lights comes on the dash :check engine,vsa,maint require,brake,abs,tcs,i am talking abou all the lights iwas pissed off man .If it didn't have no warranty i am gonna for all the parts that they thought was bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.