Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys oughta check this out. The Skyline that we will officially see at our Nissan dealerships probably next year.

http://www.fantasycars.com/1/2001/GTR/gtr.html

The thing looks like it really rocks, but mann-- they really got to do something about that front end.... 335hp TT 3.5 liter w/ AWD works for me, though :eek: .

I personally am a big fan of the new upcoming G35 sports coupe --definately a solid replacement for my LS 6spd. Based on the 350z layout, it'll offer the luxury we'd feel lacking along with a nasty bite to match: 275hp 6spd REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!! Nissan America just might have what it takes to pull through their slump this time.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2003/infiniti/g35/2drcoupe/specs.html

As far as the Skyline goes, all I have to say is that whether or not this concept will come to life like we see it, it still is a Skyline and if we're lucky we just may get the honor of being smoked by one in the near future
:cool: :D .

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
WorkInProgress said:
You guys oughta check this out. The Skyline that we will officially see at our Nissan dealerships probably next year.

http://www.fantasycars.com/1/2001/GTR/gtr.html

The thing looks like it really rocks, but mann-- they really got to do something about that front end.... 335hp TT 3.5 liter w/ AWD works for me, though :eek: .

I personally am a big fan of the new upcoming G35 sports coupe --definately a solid replacement for my LS 6spd. Based on the 350z layout, it'll offer the luxury we'd feel lacking along with a nasty bite to match: 275hp 6spd REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!! Nissan America just might have what it takes to pull through their slump this time.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2003/infiniti/g35/2drcoupe/specs.html

As far as the Skyline goes, all I have to say is that whether or not this concept will come to life like we see it, it still is a Skyline and if we're lucky we just may get the honor of being smoked by one in the near future
:cool: :D .
**Puke**

AHHH.... That front end is so ugly. You are right.... it does look like a shoe. The rest of the car does not look too bad though..... and I defenitaly like the engine specs. I think I would consider the G35 coupe before the skyline.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think the G35 sedan in a 6-speed would be a valid replacement for my GS. Waiting, and waiting. Of course if the TL came in a manual, it would be a tougher call....

·
Registered
26 Posts
JackRabbit said:
I think the G35 sedan in a 6-speed would be a valid replacement for my GS. Waiting, and waiting. Of course if the TL came in a manual, it would be a tougher call....
Jackrabbit, the tl does come in manual. They have a 6-speed tl type-s now. well just wanted to let you know.

G

·
Yeah, I think that the front end of that skyline looks just terrible. It's gonna be a wicked fun car to drive, but I would never buy one becuase it's just to damn ugly. I would take a G35 Sport Coupe or 350Z Track any day over that thing.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
deelegend said:

Jackrabbit, the tl does come in manual. They have a 6-speed tl type-s now. well just wanted to let you know.
Since when??? Only the CL-S have the 6spd tranny in the US now. Not the TL-S. TL-S is rumored to get a 6spd, but no one is sure.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just in response to Workinprogress why would you say that a Nissan is a replacement of an Acura? nothing can replace an Acura but an Acura. I don't think thats what Nissan had in mind when they made the G35 coupe why would they replace a car that has nothing to do with them and thats been discontinued for 7 years (???)

I'm taking you very literal here, I know you don't mean it the way you typed it. You and others who said the same in the past make it sound like Nissan is doing Legend owners a favor as if they are thinking about your Legend. As if Nissan is your friend. (Unless you buy one.) Please don't dis the Legend like that, just say 'For me the G35 replaces the Legend coupe'
I'm not being touchy here it just comes across that by my typed words I'm puposely being sarcastic
:p ;) there do those work.....:D

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
i actually think that the skyline over here will be a turbo 4WD g35 coupe. that would make the most sense :confused: but i absolutely abhore the design of he V35 GTR. total f*ck up really. but the stats aint bad at all. i wouldn't spend money on it though. my pockets will never get emptied buying that thing.:p

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
THERE IS A GOD.............SKYLINE GTR BE IT'S NAME:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reply to Miss Congeniality/ ode to our Legends

I have to say that you must have quite the intuition to pick out my apparent mishap where no one else has... or then again on the other hand, perhaps the rest of us are on the same page and you're just reading a completely different book!

Look, you are definately right that a Nissan cannot replace an Acura no matter how hard the corporation tries, just like God himself could never in all his omnipotence replace an apple with an orange :rolleyes: .

On the other hand, a mere mortal like you and I could replace that apple in our fruit basket with an orange requiring little to no effort and no help from anyone else --just the same way I could replace the Legend in my driveway with anything I desired that would be deemed possible such as a G35 or even ........an orange :p .

Im sorry if my previous quote rubbed you the wrong way. You're right about what you said because saying "For me, the g35 coupe is a replacement for the Legend coupe " is in fact, much more appropriate than saying "definately a solid replacement for my LS 6spd."

I thought you might have justified yourself, mentioning that you are only picking apart my wording rather than my reasoning, but then you came out with the ole' "...dont 'DIS' the Legend." ......please.....

After that, I guess being on this forum I owe it to the rest of our dedicated members to reiterate a line we've all heard so long ago and understand so well: "Nothing gold can stay..." Yep, just like the rest of you, I think of my Legend like gold, but cars age like people, so likewise, no matter how much you enjoy another's presence and company, they can't be around forever. The Legend's styling and personal value may be eternal, but her mechanics are not. Unfortuately I think most of us agree that Acura (Honda) now has a monkey at the drawing board and my faith in the corporation has fallen flat since '95. So bottom line, like you say, I will never own a "replacement" for my Legend :( ...not until Im shown one at least. Trust me, I don't like this fact anymore than you do, but eventually, we're all gonna have to settle for oranges :D .

Now I never said I was going out to buy the coupe tomorrow, either, and until then, I will celebrate the Legend with the rest of you ;).

AMEN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.