Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Forester had an oil change and 60K service recently (which included a bath) and it was a sunny spring day so took some quick pics. Background is nothing spectacular, parking lot next to my buddy's shop. She's Java Black Pearl with gray leather. Let me know what you'll think and yes I'm aware of the lesbian jokes :lol:

Exterior:

Interior:

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool Subie. Is that snow I see in the background of the third pic?
Thanks. Good eye! It sure is. Don't let the sunshine fool you, it's still feckin' cold here in NE Ohio! Most of the ground snow is gone. Those piles are the remnants of te 20ft high mounds of snow when all the parking lots were plowed after the huge snowstorm we had a couple of weeks ago. It's also why the Legend is still in hibernation.

you posted these for me didnt you? :D

Going to pick mine up in an hour or so. Its a 05 XS 5speed, Gold on Tan though
Hehe :lol: yes I did. You'll enjoy it man. The Forester draws flak because of the 'stereotypes' associated with its customers. But it is one hell of a well built car, handles like a champ, has serious 'torquey'-ness for a 4cyl and tons of room (dog hauler). At 60k miles the used oil (Mob1) and trans fluid looked almost new they were so clean. I wanted a 5sp so bad, but the wife was insistent that at least one of my cars had to be A/T so she could drive it in an 'emergency'. Somehow I can't explain to her that learning to drive MT would be better for 'emergencies'. Besides, I tried teaching her MT once in the Saab, now I have gray hairs on my head and the Saab a dent in the DS fender, she's just not cut out for MT driving I guess!!!

Enjoy the new ride Wyatt! Post up some nice pics when you get a chance (I saw the Autotrader link).

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Thanks. Good eye! It sure is. Don't let the sunshine fool you, it's still feckin' cold here in NE Ohio! Most of the ground snow is gone. Those piles are the remnants of te 20ft high mounds of snow when all the parking lots were plowed after the huge snowstorm we had a couple of weeks ago. It's also why the Legend is still in hibernation.

Hehe :lol: yes I did. You'll enjoy it man. The Forester draws flak because of the 'stereotypes' associated with its customers. But it is one hell of a well built car, handles like a champ, has serious 'torquey'-ness for a 4cyl and tons of room (dog hauler). At 60k miles the used oil (Mob1) and trans fluid looked almost new they were so clean. I wanted a 5sp so bad, but the wife was insistent that at least one of my cars had to be A/T so she could drive it in an 'emergency'. Somehow I can't explain to her that learning to drive MT would be better for 'emergencies'. Besides, I tried teaching her MT once in the Saab, now I have gray hairs on my head and the Saab a dent in the DS fender, she's just not cut out for MT driving I guess!!!

Enjoy the new ride Wyatt! Post up some nice pics when you get a chance (I saw the Autotrader link).
just got back from picking it up. Man, its fucking sweet!!! its got the 3 foot long safari sun roof that takes forever and a day to open all the way its so big, XS sound system, 5spd, Ill go out for a shoot tonight! :thumbsup:

my options of where to have shoots just got expanded, i can now hop curbs and what not, and get some offroading pictures. haha

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I've been secretly lusting over these as well, especially with the amount of snow we got this year. Currently looking into 03/04 models...you never know.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
i was with you till you said Baja, those things are Crap....IMO
they kind of look like a legacy outback, with a bed. I can't believe you bought a forester I am so jealous. it looks so clean, i wouldn't mind having one of those or a legacy outback. (i've driven one around and i loved it!)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
they kind of look like a legacy outback, with a bed. I can't believe you bought a forester I am so jealous. it looks so clean, i wouldn't mind having one of those or a legacy outback. (i've driven one around and i loved it!)
ya, it hasnt quite set in yet. haha but $290 a month for payment isnt bad. ya, i sat in the outback, i just didnt like it as much. the forester has that SUV feel ya know? plus a bit more sq ft. Im going out with my buddy for a shoot tonight with the Fozzie.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Nice ride Sam... them subies; in general are fun to drive, I've only driven my eldest son WRX twice (once in the snow) and it handled well.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like you need to drop that bitch and get some tintz!

wyatt? wassup wit dis? hit me up!!
Tint coming soon. No drop, this is what I go bouncing around in off-road in Amish country!!!

Nice ride Sam... them subies; in general are fun to drive, I've only driven my eldest son WRX twice (once in the snow) and it handled well.
Thanks man, I like th WRX too and I can't wait to put the turbo setup on the Subie (coming this summer, getting a stock WRX turbo setup!!).

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
well, drove the Fozzie last night out with my friends, lemme just say, its nice to put 4 passengers in the car and not bottom out everywhere.

and AWD FTW!!! on the way to my friends house, taking a turn on deserted street, threw it in 2nd and cranked the wheel, perfect turn with tires spinning, complete control of the car. when i turned on to my friends street, i let the tires loose and he saw me, said it was like a perfect drift, but he thought i was gonna roll over. its got amazing control, i was suprised for an SUV.

didnt get out for pics last night cause i forgot my tripod. but im going out today after i sign all the paper work at Subaru after 1pm.

I got some plans for it, when the stimulus check comes, its getting hooked up. Stromung exhaust and stereo install. Its opal gold, but the mirrors and C piller and a part on the trunk is gun metal grey, so i want to get the rims painted to match the gun metal. be SICk.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Wyatt

There's a DIY out there to put the newer side mirrors (w/turn signals) on our MY Subie's. You seen it yet? I was thinking about doing it since it seems like an easy mod. And yea AWD FTW!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts