Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
It is a love hate relationship with this car. I love everything about it except the rear end. It is smooth enough to almost overlook but still just a little out of place. How much do you guys think it will cost? Close to $100K or more? The base 645Ci Coupe cost $70K as it is. A fully loaded on is about $80K already. I think people have been saying the new M5 will be close to $100K, so I would not be suprised if the M6 cost about $110K.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Right Chris. The bimmer cost 72000 Euro, in the basic equipment !!! See 645CI vs Benz CLS500. And the above price of 72k is the basic price. That means, that the buyer have to pay for additional things like...

- Curve Light (600 €)
- Active Steering (1000 €)
- Sequentially Tranny (1250 €)
- Navi plus Phonetic Input plus Colored Display (2900 €)
- Cup Holder (100 €)
- Matallic Painting (1000 €)

Summa sumarum: With 78850 € and you're in. That's absolute insane. Typically BMW !!! I forgot to say, that the BMW did get bad criticism here in Germany, especially for the additional equipment what have to pay separately. What did I say? Insane? I believe YES !!! -Mike

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
That is the one thing I can't understand about BMW. Why they heck do you have to pay extra for Metallic paint? You can get a non metallic paint for free, but you pay an additional $600+ for any metallic paint option. What other car manufacturer does that?

I understand part of the beauty of the BMW is that you can add options to fit your needs. It sounds like a good idea until you find out that a lot of the options are bundled in with other options that you may not want. For example, sometimes it requires you to choose the $2500+ Premium option if you want say adjustable seats. Or if you want the 19" rim package you have to choose the $1500+ performance package option as well.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
ChrisK said:
That is the one thing I can't understand about BMW. Why they heck do you have to pay extra for Metallic paint? You can get a non metallic paint for free, but you pay an additional $600+ for any metallic paint option. What other car manufacturer does that?
Which other car manufacturer it does? You mean to pay extra for Metallic paint? Here in Germany? Ooh Chris, very simple... All manufacturer!!! Like Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes VW, Jaguar, Chrysler, Nissan, Renault, Peugeot, Opel, Ford, Daihatsu, Subaru. All prices varies from 350 € - 1000 € ! That means on the 1st rang is BMW, then Mercedes, then VW etc. Aarrgghh, typically German cars ! That's it what I never understand. -Mike

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.