Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this feature on Popular Hot Rodding a few minutes ago. They're gonna base it off the ever-so-popular first generation. It's funny because my cousin-in-law just mentioned to me last weekend when we saw a '05 Stang, that if Chevy redesigned the '69, he'd buy it ASAP. I better tell em to get his pocket ready :D

http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0409phr_camaro/

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Long ago I was thinking of getting a 69 Camaro that was fairly hot rodded out. The asking price back in 1988 I believe as $4K. I couldn't quite come up with that kind of money and I thought it was a little pricey. Now that same type of car goes for $10K+ today :eek: The other missed opportunity came in 1992 when a friend of mine was selling his 1965 Ford Mustang with 4 speed manual. It had a little body rust, but needed a new water pump. He wanted $500 but I needed to tow it which probably would have cost me about $100. I didn't really want to pay that much for towing so I passed. I wasn't that knowledgable of Classic cars at that time although I new the 65 Mustangs were classics. Boy did I miss out on that one.

Anyway, the new Camaro is kind of nice.

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
I thought looks-wise the Camaro/Firebird was the better looking of the last round of Pony cars. But what killed it for me was the fact that the car was associated with trailer-park trash. And it didn't help that around here you would see trailer parks with all variety of Camaros parked within.

Still, the concept looks nice.

·
Registered
767 Posts
ChrisK said:
Long ago I was thinking of getting a 69 Camaro that was fairly hot rodded out. The asking price back in 1988 I believe as $4K. I couldn't quite come up with that kind of money and I thought it was a little pricey. Now that same type of car goes for $10K+ today :eek: The other missed opportunity came in 1992 when a friend of mine was selling his 1965 Ford Mustang with 4 speed manual. It had a little body rust, but needed a new water pump. He wanted $500 but I needed to tow it which probably would have cost me about $100. I didn't really want to pay that much for towing so I passed. I wasn't that knowledgable of Classic cars at that time although I new the 65 Mustangs were classics. Boy did I miss out on that one.

Anyway, the new Camaro is kind of nice.
you fullaz are lucky that your 60/70 muscle cars are still cheap.. to by say a 68 tang fastback in well below ave cond in nz youd be lookin at at least 5-8000 bucks.. chev impalas are worth sh1t loads too.. even early mazdas and toyotas are going skyhigh.. my 78 rx4 would get me around 6gs in ave cond and no motor.. even scummy sr corollas are worth heaps.. me and my good mate are grabbing everything we can get our hands on cos theyre all gonna be worth $$$ soon.. retro cars always look phat if done right.. seen the new pontiac gto tho.. dunno about the front

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChrisK said:
Boy did I miss out on that one.
I did myself. My old man had a '78 T/A, 6.6L 400 since '83 and he just recently donated it as a tax write-off as soon as I was about to restore it at the beginning of the summer. Talk about mad. It was sitting up for years and he always wanted to restore it. Since he really didn't have time, my uncle and I were gonna work on it, and my uncle is a HUGH car buff, especially muscle since that was his era. It would've been a great car to restore because you don't see too many of them. Red wtith White interior, how I miss that car :(

This is the morning it was picked up by the place he donated it to....

And this is how my uncle and I were gonna get it back....

......Different years, but you get the point :2cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.