Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
damn. spoiled kid. hopefully hes responsible with it and we dont hear about him wrapping it around a telephone pole 2 weeks after turning 16
:werd:

too young to be driving a new car, much less a $30k new car....

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
yeah, I also think he's too young to be having a V6, let alone a NEW car that has a V6. and you're not helping encouraging him to race you, he's just going to race that thing all over the place, and like others have said, wrap it around a telephone pole.

·
Registered
10,687 Posts
yeah, I also think he's too young to be having a V6, let alone a NEW car that has a V6. and you're not helping encouraging him to race you, he's just going to race that thing all over the place, and like others have said, wrap it around a telephone pole.
My thoughts exactly. I had a 91 Volvo 5spd as my first car. Learned to drive responsibly before i got anything with more power. I wouldnt have dreamed of having such a brand new car at such a young age. I was stupid at 18 when i got my lisense, i couldnt imagine 16 with a vehicle that fast.

I just hope this doesnt turn into a "I told you so" thread when he totals it within a year.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
My thoughts exactly. I had a 91 Volvo 5spd as my first car. Learned to drive responsibly before i got anything with more power. I wouldnt have dreamed of having such a brand new car at such a young age. I was stupid at 18 when i got my lisense, i couldnt imagine 16 with a vehicle that fast.

I just hope this doesnt turn into a "I told you so" thread when he totals it within a year.
a year would be a really long time, with a brother encouraging you to race, I don't think he makes it a month w/o a ticket and 2 months tops w/o an accident.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
I don't think they do.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Although statistics do show the chances of him crashing it are hight, I don't think there is a big variance between getting a new driver a V6 or a 4 cylinder. An irresponsible driver will do something stupid either way, and a responsible driver will have the benefit of learning to control the extra power right from the beginning.

Why didn't he get the 6-Speed?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.