Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dont Catch
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rendered Speculation: 2010 Acura NSX - Autoblog

We've known for quite some time now that the Acura NSX replacement would feature a V10 engine likely at the front of the vehicle and possibly powering all four wheels via a version of the brand's SH-AWD. Now that Nissan's amazing new GT-R has set a new standard for what a Japanese supercar can be, the next NSX had better be something impressive indeed, and rumors are that it will be just that. What we still don't know is what this car will look like, so we're very interested in what Japanese car-buff-mag Best Car claims is a rendering of the new NSX. If this is an accurate portrayal, we're glad that Acura stylists found a way to leave off the big metal triangular grill that is plaguing the rest of its lineup, as it just doesn't seem befitting for a sportscar. Although the only rendering offered is an angled shot from the drivers-side front, this coupe still seems a little generic to our eyes, but at least looks better than what we saw from the Advanced Sports Car Concept last year in Detroit.

Fans of Acura's first generation NSX, including all of us at Autoblog, are going to have a tough time waiting until 2010 for the next version to bow, but we're sure to have an endless stream of spy shots and a perpetually overactive rumormill to keep us busy till then.

·
Outta GT
393 Posts
Damn WTF?????

What's with the riced-out front bumper? That shit looks like a Hyundai Tiburon with an aftermarket kit!! Not my cup of tea. Come on Acura!! :vomit:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah dude, the front looks horrible

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
It looks just like the photos I saw in a Road n Track a year or two ago. The car in r/t was supposed to be a newer version of an S2000 though.

Personally I don't think it'll be in the same class as an NSX(mid engine supercar) but more like a GT coupe. I still can't wait, even though that's alot of scoops in that hyundai looking front end.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
That's like the bastard child of an RX-8 and a Tiburon. The real thing had better put up more presence than that!! I guess the NSX legacy is a tough act to follow though. Also why lose the well balanced mid-engine config.? Is it not possible to put in SH-AWD on a mid-engine platform?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I remember seeing pictures of this concept; however the word is that this is a DIFFERENT sportscar from Honda/Acura and not intended to be an NSX. I'd be very surprised if they market this as a direct descendant of the NSX considering how fundamentally different it is.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
You guys are putting stock into "BEST CAR" articles :lol:

Best Car is like the equivalently to a Grocery Store tabloid for the Automotive industry.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
You guys are putting stock into "BEST CAR" articles :lol:

Best Car is like the equivalently to a Grocery Store tabloid for the Automotive industry.
what was I trying to say here?! LOL! I think I meant is the equivalent.

anyway

Repost, However, I'm pretty sure we already know what that car will look like.

Add some "real lights" to it and the Acura bar between the lights you've got the basic shape of the car. (the lower opening will probably be lined with matte silver which would be the open portion of the grill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts