Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting some 17" wheels on the Legend and putting 215-45-17 tires (avon M550). Right now, i have the stock 15" wheels on it and the ride is nice and smooth, how much of a difference will there be when I go up to the 17"?? I'd like a ride very similar to stock and I would assume it would be ok with people driving around with 18" + wheels on here, but I also understand that people different threshholds of rough rides. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your good to go with 17s i have 225-45-18 on my legend with no problems except for pot holes
Well, currently, with the 15" wheels, i wouldn't even know if I hit a pothole (slight exageration). For perspective, my wife has a Mini Cooper S with 17" wheels and 205-45-17 and that car is pretty brutal on bumps. You have to drive it avoiding every little thing on the road so you don't go through the roof or bend a wheel. I'd love it if the ride was like a G35 sedan or 3 series BMW...

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
I've got 17's and 215/45/17's on them...I dont think the ride is harsh at all. I've never had rims larger than 17, but I went from my 16" GS rims to 17" Konigs and I dont remember thinking the ride was rough.

Yea, I go pretty slow over speedbumps and I try to avoid potholes...but I dont really think about it that much (so it must not be too bad). Might be more noticeable if you go from 15" to 17"...but I think the looks make up for it

·
Registered
351 Posts
I went from the 15 inch stock rims to 17 inch CL-S rims. The tires I'm running are 205/55/17. While they are taller than most other members the ride is very good. She will still eat up bumps like a jr. cheeseburger and i've had as many as 4 people in my backseat with no rubbing. I also think the larger profile tires fill out the wheel well better being that my car is not lowered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts