Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did a major overhaul of my 93 LS type II, including rings, bearings and heads (machined and valve grind) at mileage 195,000. During my tear down I inadvertently damaged both knock sensors and I got the obvious CEL and both knock sensor codes. I removed intake and replaced both knock sensors. Still had a left sensor code. I removed intake again and double-checked both sensors for any obvious damage or defect and replaced the sensor wiring harness pigtail. I still have a CEL and code 23 after warm-up, along with distinct mis-fire at lower (1500 to 2000) rpm. Misfire can occur under load or in coast mode. The misfire does not always trip the code 23. This condition has persisted for nearly three months since I originally replaced the sensors with Acura OEM. I have verified condition of coils, compression, vacuum, fuel pressure, fuel pump, injector circuitry, etc. Plugs are new NGK legend spec iridium and injectors were cleaned and tested during the overhaul. The other day I found two damaged vacuum hoses that serve the high and low bipass air systems. After I repaired the hoses the CEL, 23 code and mis-fires went away - for a short while. I drove the car three different days for 10 mile trips with no problems. Yesterday, the problems returned. I thought the faulty bipass system and leaking hoses was sending false air to the intake causing lean mixture and misfires. Once or twice during the last 3 months I have also gotten codes 15 and 16 (injector and ignition), but not now. I am stumped again. Your thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.