Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it, I accelerate fairly fast, but recently I started taking a new back road to school, 55mph, and i got either that or 60(always between the two) and I got 28 MPG. I put in $26 of gas, and it got me 215 miles. I can't believe it, is anyone else getting his kind of mileage? The road isnt like a straight road either, and I have to go from 60 to 0 and then 0 to 60 like 3 times due to lights or stop signs, traffic, etc. I used to get around 18-20 mpg.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Maybe it is the Albany air, because my mpg's increased recently, too!...from 16.7 to 17.6 :woot: :giggle: All stop and go town traffic.:(

I'd kill to reach 18 just once! New plugs and gas filter in the next week.

Jrucch - see if it happens twice and double check the trip meter to the odomenter...my trip meter is useless. I hope you are getting better mpg's, but that's a huge difference, especially with no tune up/other changes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea Different gas types dont work. In a truck of about 8/9000 gallons, they might add a gallon of additives for different companies. thats the only difference between getting gas from a QT and a Shell Gas station.

Try filling up first, set the odometer to 0, run for about 200 miles, then fill up again, divide the odometer reading with the gallon reading on the pump. Thats the best way to get a good MPG reading.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Personally, I find the biggest boost to my fuel economy is the weather. When it's warmer out, my economy is considerably better. Like 4-7mpg on my Nissan Altima. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a '94 Legend LS Coupe with a six speed. City driving - 20mpg, suburban/highway mix - 24mpg, pure highway - 29mpg. Calculated over multiple tanks the old fashioned way - zero the trip odometer at refill, divide by gallons to full at the same gas station.

·
difficult to kill
722 Posts
i dont even have enough money to fill my tank up to accurately measure my miles per gallon. ive been thinking of calculating a more practical 'miles per dollar' rating starting next time i run out, which happens almost weekly (poor fuel pump....)

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
i think i'm getting 21-22mpg mostly hwy driving (about 300 of those miles on the hwy) is that normal/average?
I am getting the same!

·
Registered
315 Posts
28 mpg is possible if its mostly or all freeway. I got about 26 mpg on my 91 type 1 motor when i drove to san diego in my 91 type 1 auto, going about 85-90mph the whole way no BS. Seems like the legend gets decent mpg if you accelerate slow but drive above the speed limit and keep it at a high speed with a light foot.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.