Acura Legend Forum banner

All-Cali Meet in August....

• I think it's a great idea! I was there last year, and will be there this year!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Fantastic! I wasn't there last year, but WILL be there this year!

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Hmmm...... I don't know. It IS a long drive, and I AM lazy.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • What?!?! Are you kidding me??? I don't love my Legend THAT much!

Votes: 1 3.8%
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's tomorrow!

A year ago, we had our first California meet that brought the northern and southern California Legend owners together at the Central Coast

We'd like to do it again this year!

We are proposing that for this year, we will meet up again at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo as we did last year, and then caravan over to Montaña de Oro State Park

Date: August 17th, 2002.

We'd like to turn this into an annual affair, and hope to see a long string of Legends at this meet.

Chime in!

Update: Additional Info Click Here

·
Registered
847 Posts
too bad I'm going back to TW during August, otherwise I'd be there for sure:D High speed caravan is fun, especially on the way home:D

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's a single day "ordeal" ;)

Actually, anyone who's going can actually make a weekend out of it.

Last year, some stayed around, some went home. I went home, and drove back with Brian. Stopped in Santa Barbara for dinner on the way back. :)

Oh, the SoCal guys also met up in Calabasas before taking a nice scenic ride up to SLO. :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
I believe I won't be back before the 28th:p Hopefully Taiwan is gonna be fun enough for me that I won't keep worrying and missing my big white whale(Legend).:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
I missed last year cause of a conference. And I wanna go to this years.... but I've gotta be in Washington that weekend.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I remember seeing the pics from last years meet, I love driving up the coast and I have never been able to make a meet yet so I would be very interested in going..

Im going to Europe in a few weeks and I am coming back on the 16th of Aug, so If Jet Lag allows I will be there

·
Registered
397 Posts
Graeme, I AM SO IN! As far as a caravan, hmmmm, I don't know. There are only a few I can count on to do what they say (Wally :) ) , but let's get it on!!! That weekend should be perfect for me, so let's not change it :) . I'll make sure this get out there for the NorCal guys. Can we set a time since we already have the date? I think setting a date, time and place in concrete far in advance will boost attendance, what do you think?

f.k.a. - skinnymac :D

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
James,

I think that we can set it at the same time we had it last year, as we know that both NorCal and SoCal can make it there at that time.

So, I propose we meet as follows:

Date: Aug. 17, 2002
Time: 12:00 PM
Place: Madonna Inn (Click for Details)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Acura Vigor's represent!

Always been following the Legend scene - still waiting for "the right one." Anywayz, i'd be up for cruzin' down in my Vigor - cool? curious as to how "set" this is? I may be able to drag a couple of other vigor owners into this too - maybe a 1st gen TL?

guess i'll keep watching for updates...

diesel

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Diesel,

Yeah, join us! Vigor, TL, whatever. :)

We're planning on keeping this "set". Outside of something beyond our control happening, this is pretty much it.

Yes, keep watching for updates. :)

Late!

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
im 90% certain that i'll be able to make this trip...but i have a few questions

1) eating...are we eating @ Madonna Inn?? or are we bringin something there... more info please

2) directions...i was perusing mapquest & i dont know whether to get on 101 or take 5 & parallel down the other highway...(highway number escapes me right now)

3)are there gonna be any caravans leaving the sacramento area?? pympdaddi??? Acuraguy???samerej??

·
Registered
671 Posts
dieselrulz - we would definitely like to see you guys there. the more, the merrier.

ricdogg - i just took a look at mapquest, and it looks like the best way to go for you guys is going to be to just use the driving directions that mapquest gives (enter sac, ca and san luis obispo, ca as driving to/from places, and it will cough them up). to me, it looks to be the most direct route (and the least curvy).

for food, i'm up for suggestions, but the food and beer at the graduate last year was very good. we could always go to the graduate, and then on to the coast (or vice versa, whatever people want to do).

wally

1 - 20 of 100 Posts