Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need 5 people who are interested in A really nice fitting, smooth looking CAI fitted for the 91-95 Acura Legend sedan and coupe. If TYPE II will not fit TCS. TCS can be removed.

Performance: Trust me youll get all you can possably get. ITs the exact same one thats in my car, and my car speaks for itself. With the CA Extension the intake sound is mellowed out(not as loud as a short RAM)
[email protected]
[email protected]

It will come with: Short RAM intake tube, CAI extension Tube,K&N Cone filter, hook up equiptment, and detailed/pictured insturctions how to hook up the CAI and hoses. Breathers are optional.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN PURCHACE OF FULL CAI ONLY EMAIL ME @ [email protected]
I can be MONEY ORDERED or PAYPALED.

SALE of CAI extension only, Might happen after the first 10 CAI are sold.

First run cost is 210+shipping

Its going to look like this:

Thanks

~Hybrid

·
Registered
310 Posts
this might be a stupid question, but

aren't you afraid of water or something getting into your intake let say if it's rain or possibly flood looking at the location of the intake ? i m not expert in this kind of thing, so don't shot me

thanks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I will be interested once I get some money and get out of debt. I live somewhat close to you so shipping wouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: this might be a stupid question, but

gAmEs0n said:
aren't you afraid of water or something getting into your intake let say if it's rain or possibly flood looking at the location of the intake ? i m not expert in this kind of thing, so don't shot me

thanks.
Water's not really a problem. You'd have to be in a deep a** puddle to get it in your engine. If you're really worried about it, get and AEM bypass valve. Either way, this is definitely not a set back of a cold air intake.

-GR

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Will it have hookups for the small hoses? if so I'm down to get one for a type1 engine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm in

I've been waiting for a decent one with good tech support behind it. Give me a couple of weeks to a month and I'll be in for one. It might take that long to get something going if people don't stop whining about price and know a good thing when they see it. Come on, DV8 definately knows what he's doing. This ain't a procarparts p.o.s. I'm behind it 110%

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I'm in

wyolegend said:
I've been waiting for a decent one with good tech support behind it. Give me a couple of weeks to a month and I'll be in for one. It might take that long to get something going if people don't stop whining about price and know a good thing when they see it. Come on, DV8 definately knows what he's doing. This ain't a procarparts p.o.s. I'm behind it 110%
Great thanks for the confidence!

ME? Water? NO! im not afraid.

for you i include a real K&N filter

All the hose connections dont need to be reconnected except for one.The Fast idle Valve tube that sucks air in when the car is warming up when the engine is cold, needs to be restricted to allow only little amounts of air in. what happens if this is not done is the car will hunt for an idle(rev back and fourth). The fast idle tube is normally connected in to the intake via a hose.

The optional and recommended crank case breather can use a nice breather like the blue one in the pic.

I can include the crank breather in a slim variety of colors or you can buy it at you local auto parts store-Autozone-pepboys.

I have a method to ristrict air for the fast idle valve. I used to have a bigger filter on it but that didnt work out cause it didnt seal to it. Now i have a small hose extending off the tube with clamps on the end of the hose pinching it closed enough to were it operates normally. i have a prettier version that will be included in the kit. The fast idle valve tube is located to the left/top of the crankcase breather on pic #3

I will totaly tech support anyone having trouble installing it.

ive been around all these forums since 99 so i wont be leaving anytime soon, i still have headers to get designed.

Email me if you want to buy @ [email protected]

~Hybrid

G

·
I'm down for the extension if that ends up happening, but I'm wondering if it would work with an AEM bypass valve as well.

·
Completly rebuilding...
258 Posts
I'm in

I'm in. I have a '94 LS Coupe Type II.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a few more questions. Will this come with detailed instructions, the breather filters (if you want them), and will have all that I need for a 93 6-speed l? Is this still $210 or have you lowered it? What colors do you have for the crank breather?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i'm getting a summer job real soon...will u be selling them about a month from now??? i was getting ready to buy a regular intake but i'll be willing to save up to get the cold air. can this be installed by myself or should i get a mechanic to do it?

G

·
Dude, I want your extension so bad :D. And do you think that it helps not having any of the cords connecting to the intake. I noticed that you just used filters on everything.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im currently building my first intake for LiasLegend. If he likes it then ill continue.

since ive had to make someone else a CAI i obiously need to pay attention to all the details that wont potentially cause any problems later down the road.

in LiasLegend CAI design i used no filters and run all (3) hoses to the intake like tha factory intake, because i dont want to be responsable for getting filter/breathers that arent of certain color or are way to $$. ALSO the silicone colors are bluse T/B side and Red Extention side. any other color is up to the end user to find.

the end user can change those upon instalation. this also keeps the cost down.

there is a fast idle tube that needs restriction, alot more than a filter can provide, so ive moded a nipple with a hose attachment for it. if you replece it with a filter you car might hunt for an idle when cold.

the big filter in this pic is attached to the fast idle valve, it was for the picture use only. the small breather i bought at pepboys for 15+ bucks! rip off!

the special ordered K&N filters are on back order so its going to be till the 28th or later till i can send it out to Lias.

All extension freaks, ill see what i can do, i really dont want to sell just the extention till ive sold a few CAI systems

~Hybrid

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
can i install the cai with the fender liner in place or will i have to remove it?what is the total cost?email me at [email protected] so i know where to send money to you.if things are ok then im in.gotta see how the money flow is first.thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts