Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been scratching my head trying to figure out how to keep up with all my friends who are going increasingly aftermarket on their cars. Of course we have no options for forced induction, headers, ect. I was thinking that maybe a big shot of nitrous would be a good idea. Going along this route I began thinking about getting some forged aftermarket pistons to take the big shot. But wait, if I was to go the route of new pistons why not go a little further and increase the displacement as well.

So here is my thinking. The CL/TL's are using MDX parts to up the displacement. The RL uses the same block as us. I was thinking to use an RL crank and use RL pisons/connecting rods as the blueprints for some forged aftermarket ones. Aftermarket pistons should be light enough and strong enough to keep the high revving characteristics of our 3.2 but still have the benefit of the extra displacement.

My other thought was just to use the 3.2 pistons as blueprint and maybe have them increase the compression. With this setup I worry about being able to daily-drive on pump gas.

Anybody have comments on my ideas? Are there things I am not considering with the 3.5L upgrade?

Has anybody contacted Paeco about their "Honda V6" packages? I wonder what parts they replace.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Hum, I've read this somewhere before...........:D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Esti said:
Hum, I've read this somewhere before...........:D
Yeah, but I got no response on the other board.....going fishing again :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
i have an idea to

well my friends had an integra andput the CRV bottom end on it and pumped it up to a 2.0 liter. WHy not take the RL bottm end and see if it would fit?? works with the tegra.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know the RL block is nearly identical to ours. The extra displacement comes from the change in bore and stroke.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
its doable as far as we all can see you just need to get some block codes and tech manuals to really see.

Bottom line

its all about MONEY

·
Registered
79 Posts
C35A2- 3.5L USDM SOHC non-VTEC V6- 3.5RL (215-225hp)

C32A6 -USDM 3.2L SOHC non-VTEC V6 - 91-95 Legend Sdn, 91-92 Legend Cpe, 96-98 3.2TL (200hp)

C32A5- USDM 3.2L SOHC non-VTEC V6 - 94-95 Legend GS Sdn, 93-95 Legend Cpe

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
BulletZero said:
C35A2- 3.5L USDM SOHC non-VTEC V6- 3.5RL (215-225hp)

C32A6 -USDM 3.2L SOHC non-VTEC V6 - 91-95 Legend Sdn, 91-92 Legend Cpe, 96-98 3.2TL (200hp)

C32A5- USDM 3.2L SOHC non-VTEC V6 - 94-95 Legend GS Sdn, 93-95 Legend Cpe
Where did you get those engine #s? The engine #s in the OEM servicve manaul I have lists both the TYPE I and TYPE II engines as C32A1 for US and Canada. Just curious.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My buddy has the list off of some Honda/Acura Japanese website about a year ago. Only wierd thing is that it's all in Japanese, and they say "Acura" in there.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Your correct sir...the 3.2TL 96+ used the same engine as the Type-I in our cars. Any differences? I dont know.

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
the TL motor is not the same motor nor the same block as the Legend TYPE I or TYPE II. 96-98 TL's have 225 hp with V-TEC heads. please do your research before giving people wrong information.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
luvmylegend said:
the TL motor is not the same motor nor the same block as the Legend TYPE I or TYPE II. 96-98 TL's have 225 hp with V-TEC heads. please do your research before giving people wrong information.
Not quite, the 3.2 TL's used the type I 200 hp until 98. The VTEC motor was released in the new 3.2 w/ the mentioned 225hp. If you wanted you could mount the Acura engine trimming from the old TL on your Legend.

·
Registered
358 Posts
luvmylegend said:
If you read the original question, it was 96-98 TL's...

·
Registered
996 Posts
luvmylegend said:
96-98 TL's have 225 hp with V-TEC heads. please do your research before giving people wrong information.
Well ... don't you feel silly saying that after not doing some research of your own :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah, so instead of going to all of the work of boring out whatever you would need to bore out, why dont you do an engine swap from a 1993+ coupe? It has 30 more hp... i think the torque is a little less... but nothing a powerchip cant fix... i would immagine it would be a quite noticeable difference...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts