Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey, i just found this on some site...says it's a 3.5L V6 Honda Legend...is this true? kinda looks like one of the TL's or RL's? what do y'all think?

here are the specs that are listed:Engine
Type: 24 valve, V6
Displacement: 3474 cc
Max horsepower: 205 BHP at 5200 rpm
Max torque: 297 Nm at 2800 rpm
Bore / stroke: 90.0 / 91.0 mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Fuel system: Electronic fuel injection

Dimensions
Overall length: 500 cm
Width: 182 cm
Height: 143 cm
Wheelbase: 291 cm
Tread, front: 155 cm
Tread, rear: 154 cm

Weights
Curb weight: 1675 kg
Gross vehicle weight: 2175 kg

Chassis
Brakes, front: Ventilated discs
Brakes, rear: Discs
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Steering: Rack and pinion, power assisted
Tyres: 215/55R 16 V
Wheelwidth: 7"

Performance
Fuel cobsumption: 8.2 km/L
Acceleration - 0-100 km/h: 9.3 s
Top speed: 224 km/h

Others
Engine placement: Front, longitudinally mounted
Drive wheels: Front wheel drive
Trunk capacity: 450 L
Fuel tank capacity: 68 L
Drag Coefficient: 0.34

·
Registered
248 Posts
its its a new car then its the 3.5RL most likely, which is still known as the legend over in japan. the TL is called the honda inspire...

Bing

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
you're probably right...damn japanese...always got the good stuff! exept the name honda inspire sounds gay! it does look like the RL...just looks better with the legend name! :)

and hold up...if it's the japanese honda legend....why's the steering wheel on the left side??? isn't it supposed to be right?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe - that is a low visibility light.

while in germany, I would scoot around in a european 929 that had the rear low vis light.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
248 Posts
yeah, europeans are all about extra reflectors and lights...

though I tend to think that if the weather is so bad taht you miss the entire car and need to use that little light to see someone, you shouldnt be driving ;0

hehehehe

:)

b

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The specs on that Honda Legend suck!!!
It looks like 96/97 RL.

0-100kmph in 9.3 sec?? (i believe 100km/h = 60mph) - Thats slow!!!!
HP is 205

maybe I should contact Acura HR person and see if they have any openings!! They REALLY need some good designers!!!

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
0-100kmph in 9.3 sec?? (i believe 100km/h = 60mph) - Thats slow!!!!
0-100kph is 0-62mph to be exact which would make 0-60 around 9.0 - 9.1. Which sounds right, if the US version has 215hp (220 I think in 2002+) it gets rated at 8.8 from 0-60.

Which would make it signifigantly slower than any previous generation production Legend.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Ahhh... It's been talked about over and over again, hehe.

The RL is the 3rd Generation Legend. Just like the RSX is the Integra still. They just changed the Generation, and style. Most of us wont accept that the RL is really the Legend because it sucks. However, at heart it is true. Everything seems to be getting renamed in North America. It's all about marketing. Honda does not have an Acura division in Japan, they call all their cars their real names. RL = Legend, RSX = Integra, TL/CL = Inspire (Or was one of those the Sabre?)

The RL was a step backward in my opinion, and their "Target" audience isn't buying slow V6 205HP engines, they're buying smoother V8 engines. Honda needs a V8 in that sucker to compete in category they're trying to compete in. It also needs a re-styling, but that's a whole different issue.

·
Registered
851 Posts
CL is not available in Japan at all. So CL is just an american made and designed Honda or Acura, hehehhee....... same with the current generation Accord Coupe.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Alexander said:
CL is not available in Japan at all. So CL is just an american made and designed Honda or Acura, hehehhee....... same with the current generation Accord Coupe.
LoL Cool, so people in Japan can get an Acura CL and say it's "Imported"

Next thing you know, there will be all these street Magazines with American Women on them over there.. hahaha :) Maybe they'll stick little American flags on their antennas on them :D

Too bad the CLs wouldn't exactly be the best example of American quality. From what I hear, the interiors squeek a lot after a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts