Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Old S*hool Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I could find an *oem* nissan 350z antenna?

I think it would look good given the angle our rear quarter panel where the oem antenna hole is.

No luck on ebay...

· Old S*hool Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm more concerned about the base and the angle at which it would sit on the rear quarter of the car.

The antenna length I was looking at was about 6-8". I'm not sure if that is the oem or stubby length, since I've seen ones shorter than this, but also seen some 350z with a fuba style mast (approx 12" in length as a guess).

What length is the oem 350z antenna?

· Registered
4,086 Posts
contact kostas86. he has a Z and is part of the chicagoz.com forum.

he will hopefully be able to find out what the differences are etc

· Old S*hool Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yeah, can't find those on ebay either. I see did the s2k antenna installed on NSX prime:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40570&highlight=s2k+antenna

I think the antenna base on a 350Z has a better angle for our cars...

Edit: here's the pic of an S2k antenna on the NSX:

Notice how the 350Z antenna's base (see earlier post) is more angled so that it would more likely position the antenna pointing straight upward whein installed on a Legend coupe...

· Registered
1,556 Posts
I will take a look at my 350Z's antenna tommorow, but I don't think it should be a problem.
Also it's not as short as the one in the pic, that one is a aftermarket one.
But I'll go take a take a look at my Z tommorow and will post back hopefully tommorow, if not, no later than tuesday night. :2cool:
Octane said:
take a look at this picture (won't last long b/c its from an ebay auction)

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
kostas86 said:
I will take a look at my 350Z's antenna tommorow, but I don't think it should be a problem.
Also it's not as short as the one in the pic, that one is a aftermarket one.
But I'll go take a take a look at my Z tommorow and will post back hopefully tommorow, if not, no later than tuesday night. :2cool:
btw that aftermarket one looks the same as my s2k antenna

so i took a look at www.locustom.com where i got my antenna from a while ago...

this is the s2k kit that i bought

and this is their Z antenna kit

the base looks exactly the same to me

reception was better than oem but it got worse when i installed my amps...

· Old S*hool Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bl240,
I have owned both sedan and coupe and I can tell you that the base of the antenna on the coupe is more angled or sloped because the opening is more angled on the coupes rear corner (and therefore looks more like an oval rather than a circle). S2k antenna looks to be better suited to the sedan and the 350Z antenna to the coupe.

kostas86 - thanks for chiming in! Its not the antenna length or style I'm concerned about (as this can be changed easily), but rather finding a fixed antenna base that will sit properly on the coupe rear quarter panel and will point the antenna up without pointing it out away from the car on an angle.

There is another forum member with a dark (black?) coupe that has an aftermarket ebay "shark attack II" amplified antenna. It looks okay, but sticks out and away from the car a bit. This is what I'm trying to avoid:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=545270&postcount=4

· LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,726 Posts
Yep, that would be mine. The base fits so perfectly to the car but yeah you're right it does stick out a little. I would be willing to explore other options if you guys something better. Overall I'm happy with the install and really like my antenna

· Old S*hool Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stalker - I liked everything about your antenna except for the fact that it sticks out a bit. I was very close to buying that antenna off ebay once I saw your post, but then I got to thinking and did some looking around to find something similar that would keep the antenna mast in tighter to the car. I think the 350Z antenna base might work best, but I'm worried about 4 things:

1. Availability - not offered on ebay... might have to resort to buying at the dealer
2. Price - dealers are called "stealers" for a reason!
3. Fit - there is some risk since I'm guessing this hasn't been done before
4. performance - I don't know if its an amplified antenna, but I assume it must be and will work fine since its OEM for Nissan.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Octane, if you do this with the Z ant let me know how you like it, I was going to do a s2k but i didnt like how it would fit, mine broke and I dont really like the style of the oem legend one, so if you do put in a Z, maybe a DIY if anything comes up in the process.

· Old S*hool Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
will do, but I have to figure out if this is doable first (and note stupid expensive).

I figure wiring it up should be no different than the s2000 antenna which has been done before (including a DIY on NSXPrime)

· Old S*hool Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kotetu,
Good window tint (i.e. with high metal content) will prevent good reception with that type of antenna, therefore the only option for me would be to install it at the top of the windshield, which I wouldn't be thrilled about.

Besides, I kinda like the look of that 350z (posted above) & I don't have the time or money to shave my oem antenna hole.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.