Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
unless you get a brand new one, or an old one, i wouldnt bother with a volvo.

why do you want specifically a 4 cylinder? most nice cars (legend quality) are going to have at least a 6 cylinder.

if you are going to fuel economy, the best you will get is probably the TSX, or an EX accord (i think you can get the EX with a 4 cylinder)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello,
that's what I hate in Germany. The most cars you see in Germany have a 4 cylinder engine. That's boring! It' standard. But in Germany we also can find BMW, Mercedes and Audi with 6 cylinder engines since 15 years or longer at mercedes and BMW. And not every model of their cars are as lange as a Legend.

To drive a car (especialy old cars) with the size of a Legend is very expensive, because of our tax of 499 Euro (aprox 600$) every year, you know? In addition that the fuel costs 1,45$ per litre. :vomit:

Sinse my holiday in the USA I know about the price of the fuel. Nice price :p
But I don't know anything of a tax. Please tell me!

Ralph

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pros/cons

The biggest problem with older Volvos, Audi, BMW etc is that anytime you open the hood...you have to deposit a $1000 bill to make it close! :p

I kid you not! Ask any owner that doesn't do his own work.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HondaAcuraMan said:
The biggest problem with older Volvos, Audi, BMW etc is that anytime you open the hood...you have to deposit a $1000 bill to make it close!
I know you are right ... I had an Audi 5000, loved it but hated the service costs ! .... Well I still want a 4 cylinder but ......

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Stu said:
any cars, besides Mercedes .... that offer the luxury and comfort of a Legend but have a 4 cylinder motor ?
Not to burst your bubble... but why would you want a 4 cylinder? 4 Cylinders have to work twice as hard to get up to speed, they also have more stress and wear put on them because of this. If i were you id stay with your 6 cylinder. (correct me if im wrong guys)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Legend32 said:
Sinse my holiday in the USA I know about the price of the fuel. Nice price :p
But I don't know anything of a tax. Please tell me!

Ralph
Ralph,

There is no tax on engine size in the US. Only fuel is taxed and in many states you pay a state tax that reflects the values of your car, so if you have expensive car you pay more than if you'd have a cheap car.

-Alik

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ImportFanatic said:
4 Cylinders have to work twice as hard to get up to speed, they also have more stress and wear put on them because of this. If i were you id stay with your 6 cylinder. (correct me if im wrong guys)
4 cylinders dont work twice as hard because they are usually in smaller/lighter cars and have different gearing. Yes, they have less performance and top end ... but I live in a big city and stop signs, traffic lights and congestion make driving a fast car almost pointless, and a top speed of 140 mph is pointless too. So a 4 cylinder car would be ok.

I don't know about you, but 35 miles per gallon (city !) and $25 fillups from empty is something I would enjoy !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.