Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 89 sedan L has the 8 way seats. My 87 coupe has the 4 ways. Can I put a set of 8 ways, from a later model coupe, in to my 87 and have them work properly? I know if I cut the wiring system from the car side of the donor car, I'll have the right plug, then, that part should just be a matter of either piggy backing the wiring, or, trailing it back to the origin point for seat wiring.
Any help would be appreciated. I originally wanted to use the ones from my sedan, since I'm about to canabalize it and part out the rest, but, I'm guessing the sedan seats are not a match for the coupe. I know the back seat isn't.

· Registered
2,973 Posts
8 way....you mean 10 way....My thought would be to pull the seats out and look at the plugs. Then you can decide which ones are for power.....ground... etc.....to figure out how to splice them in. I would actually cut the seat side of the plug on the car you're moving to....them figure out how to splice in the new seat plug......which I'd splice in on the car side....in case you ever want to move the seat back. I hope I'm making sense.

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
Dude do me a SOLID...can you possibly take a look at the two harness plugs for the seats and tell us how they compare? If I know Honda...the plugs should either be the same, OR the only difference should be if one car has "Seat Memory" and one car does not...could you take pics too if possible?? Thanks man! :2cool:

· Registered
2,973 Posts
sam o nela said:
Dude do me a SOLID...can you possibly take a look at the two harness plugs for the seats and tell us how they compare? If I know Honda...the plugs should either be the same, OR the only difference should be if one car has "Seat Memory" and one car does not...could you take pics too if possible?? Thanks man! :2cool:
I would tend to think there's going to be a difference in the plug size. I went to put a '90 LS antenna in an '89 LS and the '90 had 6 plugs...the '89 had 3. So based on going from 4 way to 10 way......I'd assume there'd be more.

· Registered
71 Posts
ND1980LS said:
I would tend to think there's going to be a difference in the plug size. I went to put a '90 LS antenna in an '89 LS and the '90 had 6 plugs...the '89 had 3. So based on going from 4 way to 10 way......I'd assume there'd be more.
Actually, unless the seats were heated and had a memory option (that wasn't located on the seat) the plugs should be either the same or near. If it's just power seats, it should just be a power and ground wire.

But I could be wrong.

· Registered
72 Posts
I'm really interested in this. I vaguely recall trying to figure this out last year (as there are always a ton of 8 ways at the local junkyard), but I gave up after trying to figure out the wiring that runs from the door, behind the dash and then under the carpet.

· Registered
1,723 Posts
ND1980LS said:
I bought an antenna mast(aftermarket) and there were at least three different applications for the 86-90 LEGENDS.

· Registered
2,973 Posts
5speed said:
What other functions does the ten way seat have? The four way just goes back and forth and the seat vback reclines.
10-Way driver's seat....seat bottom: ( lift up and down... slide forward and back (4 ways) ), seat back: ( recline and forward ( 2 ways )), seat bottom : front ( recline forward and back ( 2 ways )), rear ( recline forward and back
( 2 ways ))....that's 10.......

passenger seat is 4 way.....seat bottom slides forward and back, seat back reclines forward and back.......

· Registered
2,973 Posts
5speed said:
I bought an antenna mast(aftermarket) and there were at least three different applications for the 86-90 LEGENDS.
true.....the LS's w/spoiler ( and some L's ) are unique in that the plug can be a 6-way to accomodate the wiring option of the automatic antenna lowering option. When the radio is on and the trunk is opened the antenna will retract so it isn't broken by the trunk spoiler.

· Registered
2,973 Posts
sam o nela said:
Thats ok dude Im on 9600 baud if it ,makes you feel any better....
15 years ago though my speed was considered FLYING!!

LOL jk dude but didnt it make you feel better even for a little??
I have a 56K baud ZOOM modem if you want it...........:):):)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.