Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so now that I am gonna have a Type II engine in my first gen TL, I think I will wait until I can afford the manual tranny conversion to cahange the ECU so I don't have to buy an auto ECU now and a stick one later. I REALLY want to do this conversion, and while I know it will be a little more difficult in the TL than it is in the Legend, I think I can pull it off. My question is, will the Type II auto tranny work with the 5 spd as opposed to the 6 spd, and will the 5 spd bolt up to my Type II? I ask because finding a 6 spd is very hard, not to mention EXPENSIVE but I have found 5 spds for relatively cheap. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance! :bowdown:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just trying to revive this to maybe get an answer, sorry guys, couldn't find anything relating to this specifically. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
The 5 speed tranny is exactly the same, minus one gear. The rear tranny mount is different, but it will bolt up, and work exactly the same as the 6 speed.

You need a Type II manual ECU. It will work with the 5 speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.