Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out cruisn', and in my rearview mirror I see a 300 ZX closing in on me. He moved over to pass, I gave him a nod, put it in D3 and off we went. It wasn't the TT model cuz he didn't smoke me. Surprisingly, I kept up w/ him untill I quit at 100. He continued untill around 115. I couldn't believe it, I thought he would make quick change of me. The only visible mods were dual fart masters out the back. The non turbo has 222hp, he should have beat me. My only mod is a K&N filter. What's the deal? Maybe he just wanted to go fast and wasn't racing, probably not, but who knows. Anyone ever raced one of these before or have any knowledge on the subject?

·
Registered
733 Posts
NSXNEXT said:
I was out cruisn', and in my rearview mirror I see a 300 ZX closing in on me. He moved over to pass, I gave him a nod, put it in D3 and off we went. It wasn't the TT model cuz he didn't smoke me. Surprisingly, I kept up w/ him untill I quit at 100. He continued untill around 115. I couldn't believe it, I thought he would make quick change of me. The only visible mods were dual fart masters out the back. The non turbo has 222hp, he should have beat me. My only mod is a K&N filter. What's the deal? Maybe he just wanted to go fast and wasn't racing, probably not, but who knows. Anyone ever raced one of these before or have any knowledge on the subject?
My theory on this is, it's not really about the car and the hp, it's the driver. A couple of months ago I went up against a 2k2 Maxima, He should have beaten me at least by a car and a half, instead I got him by at least 2 cars and I dynoed at least in the 240s. I think he was just a little scared to put his ride out there beyond the century mark.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: Re: 50-100 with a 300ZX

whiplash9001 said:

My theory on this is, it's not really about the car and the hp, it's the driver. A couple of months ago I went up against a 2k2 Maxima, He should have beaten me at least by a car and a half, instead I got him by at least 2 cars and I dynoed at least in the 240s. I think he was just a little scared to put his ride out there beyond the century mark.
got a dyno graph of your 240s dyno numbers?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
dynoed at 240's... on nitrous... :confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Re: 50-100 with a 300ZX

whiplash9001 said:

How did you dyno at 240 at the wheels?

:confused:
:confused:

·
Registered
386 Posts
MY THEORY ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a G1 coupe and I have ran with a 300zx convertible. The non turbo Z's are very much do-able. On my way to Carlisle, I was running with my brothers Z and let me tell you, any chance he gets to smoke me he tries but, instead of me viewing his tail lights it was more like him viewing mine. He has an automatic and that along with the extra weight because he has a convertible makes him easy pickings. All it takes is learning your car and picking your battles. No these cars are not great 1/4 mile car nor can they sprint to 60 with the quickness. There strength lies in all out running. Kinda like Carl Lewis. He never comes out the gate strong on you but, as you start to lose wind in your sail he starts to fly right by you and thats what legends do. Some of you may not know but, when it comes to performance, these cars were not tested at the drag strip after being built. Instead Acura took them straight to the AUTOBAHN to test there indurance and all out performance and handling. With all this being said thats why I call my car CLARK KENT because, he is mild mannered but, when it is time to run he turns into SUPERMAN and alot of times he surprises alot of his competitors. So the next time you out run something you think YOU SHOULDN'T. Its not because the other driver may have given up. It just might be because he couldn't keep up. DON'T SLEEP ON YOUR LEGEND. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey MR.Biggs, the way you compare our legends to Clark kent makes me love my Legend even more!!
Keep up the symbolism.
Jay
1991 Legend sedan:D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts