Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RX7-->Legend
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished up mine 6-speed swap a couple of weeks ago and used DV8's method to modify the rear tranny mount so it's rock solid but now i still have a problem if you can can help me diagnose the problem.
The car jitters when i engage the first gear,and also very hard to engage the gears,at first i thought it was the tranny mount so i took the car in again to redo the tranny mount.But now that's done it's still having the problem.
I do however know that i have a bad clutch master/slave cylinder since the clutch pedal seem to lose presure sometimes.
But my mechanic has said that it may be the pressure plate that's not holding,when i did the swap...i had bought a new clutch from Exedy and installed it with the swap.
any input on past experience with this or if anyone have any idea what might be causing this, all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm actually having the same problem with the 5-spd swap I just did, I still need to fix the rear tranny mount, so I hope that will take care of most, but I do have the jitters that you talk about, and it feels like the whole engine moves when I switch from 1-2 and from 2-3. Let me know what you find out, and I'll do the same if I figure anything out.

Aaron

·
Registered
25 Posts
i need to buy a new tranny mount for the rear of my 5 speed legend what was the new method that dv8 showd for a stiffer feel.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
The method that was referred to was for the auto-manual tranny swap. The difference in length of the two trannies require an extention between the tranna and tranny mount. This is achieved by using longer bolts to reach the further distance, and then I put a piece of metal piping in there to extend, and then fine tuned to the exact with washers, to fill the gap, I believe DV8 used all washers... So this would only apply to the auto to manual swap members.
Aaron

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
BuggyWu7 said:
just finished up mine 6-speed swap a couple of weeks ago and used DV8's method to modify the rear tranny mount so it's rock solid but now i still have a problem if you can can help me diagnose the problem.
The car jitters when i engage the first gear,and also very hard to engage the gears,at first i thought it was the tranny mount so i took the car in again to redo the tranny mount.But now that's done it's still having the problem.
I do however know that i have a bad clutch master/slave cylinder since the clutch pedal seem to lose presure sometimes.
But my mechanic has said that it may be the pressure plate that's not holding,when i did the swap...i had bought a new clutch from Exedy and installed it with the swap.
any input on past experience with this or if anyone have any idea what might be causing this, all help would be greatly appreciated!!!
mine rattles around a bit, but not as much as you describe. most likely i will be getting a full billet mount regardless of how stiff the shifts feel. I belive the stiffer the trans mount the stiffer the four engine mounts, since it wont sway to and fro as much. side to side isnt much of an issue. my engine has a torn front engine mount. clearly the added TQ has its affect on mounts. I did use all washers, more strength and easier to fine tune the bolt holes. my method applies only to legends 91-92 as far as i know. I used the 6 spd flywheel (resurfaced) 6spd clutch(new spec stage 3) and a new slave cyl. The clutch deffinetly causes a lot of clutch chatter, but thats a given with the clamping force it has.
About the only thing i can think of is that your engine and mid mounts are worn out, try switching to all washers.
~TRu Hybrid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.