Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok soo ive been overhaulen my Gs for a few weeks, shaven the moldings completely, getting ready for the 2 tone imma lay on it, cleaning EVERY INTERIOR PIECE, bought complete rebuild kit i mean the works by the time im done it will be like i have a brand new legend.... i got a good deal on my baby but a good deal came with some "BUTS" its a type 2 with a 6 speed But 6th and Reverse dont work... ive driven it around and it shifts like a hot knife thru butter i mean smooth but as soon as i get up to 6th .... theres nothing there ... its like a false neutral... and when i let out the clutch it starts to grind.... same thing in reverse .... now i personally dont do tranny work besides swaping them oout , my boy does and he said its an easy fix and he said he can fix it no problem, but i may need to buy parts maybe..... i have no clue whats messed up on my tranny and i pray i dont get charged an arm and a leg for the parts:hide: maybe the syncroids or even a gear or two.....will i be lucky and it be a bent or broke linkage???:confused: sooo anyone ever experience this problem??? any predictions? ..... i really wont know the damage untill i actially drop my engine and tranny in a week or so. either way at this point i still think i got a good deal and well i dont regret it at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.