Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7000K / 4300K comparison

Here is a comparison between a 7000K HID (friend and I were testing his new bulbs in my car, not sure what brand), and my 4300K/5000K (not quite sure what the real Kelvin rating is) Philips D2S bulbs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Which one is which? I have 4300K and they look really white like the ones on the right. I think the 6000K are supposed to be more blue, so are those the ones on the left?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct, but actually me and my friend aren't 100% sure, but these may actually be 7000K. I think that they are most likely the Osram Sylvania 7000K bulbs.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I'd say those are the 7000K .

They look a bit bluer than mine, there's less light as well.

-Jose

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
jose are your 6000k ultinon bulbs d2r based? (where it has a strip around the bulb?) Just wondering. aaron that's awesome... the right side looks pretty colorful, amber, blue, and halogen white.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jose, you are probably right, I think that they must be 7000K too. I just saw SeaSick today at our Legend meet and he has some 12000K bulbs. They were purple :cool:. I'm more down with like the 6000K bulbs though because you get a lot more light, that's why I think that I'll end up getting the 9006 D2R Ultinons.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
can anybody get pics of 8000k, and 12000k bulbs? i just wanna see what they look like..............i think im gonna go with 7000k tho.............i want a nice bright light with noticeable blue in it...................and 7000k prolly wont blind anyone since its not so white................but i wanna see 8000k..............can anybody get pics please?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
legendarith said:
jose are your 6000k ultinon bulbs d2r based? (where it has a strip around the bulb?) Just wondering. aaron that's awesome... the right side looks pretty colorful, amber, blue, and halogen white.
Mine are D2R, I believe (optimized for the reflector / housing of stock cars, as opposed to the sealed "projection beam" D2S if I'm correct.)

-Jose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts