Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jose30301/hid/hid.htm

6000K Ultinon HID kit from Autolamps-Online.com
By the way, those "yellow" bulbs (HI BEAMS) are the 9005 "Bluevisions" from Philips as well. They sent me those free, since I was so patient due to the ballasts being on back order.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Looks great! Give us a pic of the beam pattern when it's darker outside.

You link doesn't work, BTW.

No matter how "blue" a halogen bulb is supposed to be, HIDs will make them seem yellow. I did comparisons of HIDs to PIAA Platinums and Super Plasmas a few months ago during HID installation.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
hell yeah man those blue ones look mean. I love those i wish i had the money to get them. Good job man i wana see a dark nght pic one day if you can. Thanks.

--cody

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks sweet Jose..... I think I gotta get me some of those....

I like how you actually spent the money on the real thing instead of the cheap looking bulbs..... I think those make cars look so cheap:rolleyes:

Money well spent for sure:)

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
E K said:
No matter how "blue" a halogen bulb is supposed to be, HIDs will make them seem yellow. I did comparisons of HIDs to PIAA Platinums and Super Plasmas a few months ago during HID installation. [/B]
Yea, you're not kidding.

"Bluevisions" my butt.
Oh well. They were free. I cant hate. I bet that the regular bulbs I had in there before were yellower, so I should just stfu. ;)

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CODY690 said:
hell yeah man those blue ones look mean. I love those i wish i had the money to get them. Good job man i wana see a dark nght pic one day if you can. Thanks.

--cody
Tonite, god willing.
Pics forthcoming as well.
I still gotta set up my beam pattern when the nite comes.
See what's best to not bother people's eyes.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mckenzie91 said:
Looks sweet Jose..... I think I gotta get me some of those....

I like how you actually spent the money on the real thing instead of the cheap looking bulbs..... I think those make cars look so cheap:rolleyes:

Money well spent for sure:)
Basically,
I'm lazy.

I'd rather pay good $$$ ONCE.
Then keep trying to fix stuff that is half assed.
Sometimes, paying now is easier than paying later.

Besides, these HIDs are the de-facto standard of what HIDs look like, so I went w/ the best. I've heard great reviews and now, I'm GIVING a great review. Sometimes, it just pays off to spend a few bucks more....

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sweeeeeeet!!, maan when I see a G2 coupe, hittin gears, with sweet, sweet H.I.D lighting in the Area, I'll be sure to yell, "Jose!!!!!, Jose!!!"

pics tonight? maybe at halftime of the Maryland game :D

G

·
WOW!!!! I'm convinced now!!! I'll be ordering some of those for myself once I get my other **** straightened out.

Oh yeah, and also, what kinda camera are you using for pictures, and were U using a manual shutter speed? Cause it looks like its day time outside but just dark because of a quick shutter. That is a good way to do it because when I took mine they just turned out way to saturated (btw, mine are 4300K Philips):

Attachments

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mckenzie91 said:
Jose.... what did you pay in US $$$ for those?

Also, what kinda modifications were necessary or any other parts you had to get?:)
$579 for US dollars
A lot of $$$, but it's well worth it.
I feel much safer in my car at nite now, and the color hue looks REALLY REALLY nice. There's no comparison.

Everything you need for the install of the kit is already there.
The fuses, connectors, everything.

What me and Crazi did was that we cut open a little box on the plastic cover for the headlights (the ones that keep moisture out and whatnot, so that the connectors could fit through there, then , just connected the whole set up to the battery......

And also, the connectors were inversed on the "ballast to HID" connector, so we cut the grooves on it (kinda like doing a 9006 to 9005 conversion, if u get my drift), and installed it the other way, and ZOOM, the lights turned on.

G

·
Where did you guys mount the ballasts? I just have mine zip tied to certain places, but would love to get some better ideas.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Where did you guys mount the ballasts? I just have mine zip tied to certain places, but would love to get some better ideas.
Passenger side headlight, ziptied around the container that holds like , the brake fluid or something (carefully)....

And the other one, behind the high beam plastic cap, there's a little space in there, to get it in.

Where are ur ballasts?

Legends have absolutely no space.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
jose3030 said:

tell me about it, it took me an hour to find a mounting spot for a tiny little relay for my fog lights

G

·
jose3030 said:

Passenger side headlight, ziptied around the container that holds like , the brake fluid or something (carefully)....

And the other one, behind the high beam plastic cap, there's a little space in there, to get it in.

Where are ur ballasts?

HAHAHAHA!!!! :D Those are the exact same places that I put mine. I guess we're just cool like that :cool:.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Looks really great so far. I'm also curious about the beam pattern because I just got some HID's also.

There is a pic of my beam pattern on a building
http://www.legend-forum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3793

I hid my ballast under the window washer fluid /coolant fluid place. The passenger side, I put it under the intake area.

How hot do the ballasts get?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SpeedDemon said:
HAHAHAHA!!!! :D Those are the exact same places that I put mine. I guess we're just cool like that :cool:.
Like I told Crazi (former Legend owner, was on the old forums, not as much here anymore)...

"How many times do you change your high beams out?"

That was why I put it behind the high beam for the left side (driver's side)..

I had Stanley bulbs all around. I think those were the originals. I was like, WOWEE. LOL

·
2,879 Posts
Looking good Jose! Autolamps is the ****. High quality products and no compromises. Tried and proven. I think theres like 25-30+ legend owners who have Autolamp kits. Maybe we should get another group buy going?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
can some one explain to me what is 6000K ? are thay a hight beam bulb plug insted of low ?
i was about to buy a new wires for a headlights and get a 80 W bulbs hyper white
but i see a lot of nice looking light here and i want to get something tight for my baby

thanx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts