Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of a friend was going on and on about his friends Vigor. He then insulted me by asking me how I like my Vigor.

He claimed that it was a 6 spd. I didn't think Vigors came with 6 spds... maybe he's confusing the Vigor with a Legend?

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
HMMMMM.... so much confusion with the vigor. A friend of mine told me that he was going to go buy a vigor coupe.... I looked at him and told him he was crazy but he insisted on it being a coupe. I said are you sure its not a legend.... and he said....well maybe it is. Probably was what he was thinking.

G

·
I had a friend tell me just the other day that he saw a 6 speed vigor as well. I told him no way and that there is no such thing, but he kept telling me that there was. I think that we need to take another look at this and maybe confirm it with the Vigor mb.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
the ACURA Vigor was made from 92-94, based on the Accord, inline 5 cylinder

What about the Inspire, CB5 and CC2 models from Honda? Are they Vigors, too?
Acura is a name known all over North America. But in most of the rest of the world, Honda markets their cars as Hondas. Thus, our Russian, Australian, and Japanese Vigor club members drive Hondas.

In Japan, there were 4 models related to Acura Vigor.

('90-'92) Models look similar to Acura Vigs, but really aren't

Honda Accord Inspire (CB5)

Honda Vigor (CB5)

('92-'94) Models are similar to Acura Vigor and share many parts.

Honda Inspire (CC2)

Honda Vigor (CC2)

G

·
Dang, so what was the difference between the inspire and the vigor. I thought that the inspire was the same as a TL, and that the inspire took the place of the vigor when it was cancelled out of the lineup. I never realized that they coexisted.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Leon Millette said:
the ACURA Vigor was made from 92-94, based on the Accord, inline 5 cylinder
I'm pretty sure the Vigor was made from 91-95 just like the G2 Legends. Then was replace with the 2.5TL which used the same inline 5 Engine.

·
Registered
541 Posts
wait..isnt the 2.5TL a 6 cyclinder engine? thought only the Vigor had the 5 cyclinder

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
wait..isnt the 2.5TL a 6 cyclinder engine? thought only the Vigor had the 5 cyclinder
Nope. The 2.5 TL uses the same 5 cylinder engine as the Vigor did. Also, the Vigor was from 92-95. There is no 91 Vigor. At least in the U.S. Also, there is no 6-Speed for the Vigor that came from Honda/Acura. While there may be some out there, it is not factory, and is custom made.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
it comes in manual as well. but it's an okay car. my old roomate has one. only thing we did to it was put on a mesh (legend style.. hehehe :p ) and he got a pair of one piece headlights. so the front of his vigor looks really nice.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WhiteLegend said:

I'm pretty sure the Vigor was made from 91-95 just like the G2 Legends. Then was replace with the 2.5TL which used the same inline 5 Engine.
Check Edmunds.com it lists the vigor being made from 92-94.

·
Registered
386 Posts
THE VIGOR OF IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

The vigor was first introduced in 1991 as a 1992 model. It was early introduced is the spring of 91 as a 92 model to help retain resale value. It was introduced with a 5 cylinder engine that produced 176 horses. It only came in two models. The LS and GS model. The GS model came with leather the really nice stereo and power everything. The LS came with cloth interior black molding and black mirrors and regular stereo. When it was redesigned it came with a 5 cylinder in the 2.5 model and a 6 cylinder in the 3.0 model. All in all the vigor or the TL as they are now called is a really nice car but, still no LEGEND. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

G

·
One of my neighbors down the street has a Vigor waiting for him when he turns 16 (in august I think), and it's a 5 speed, and is in perfect condition. The kid is lucky since his dad doesn't even like to drive the car, he takes the bus to work like everyday so the car only has like 20k miles on it and it's a 94 GS :). The car is still driven regularly on the weekends though so its not like it has been garaged or anything. He's one of my little bros friends so I'm sure that I'll get to race him and drive his car in a few months :D.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts