Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyoe know how much a 6 speed conversion would be? (ona type2 motor)?

also would anything have to be changed to the engine with the tranny swap ? (other then the usual thing entailed with changing a tranny.)

thanks for all yor help guys

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wow, this question comes up alot, even by yours truly. I've looked into this and this is what I came up with:

1. Bell housing on the manual tranny is the same as the auto
2. You'll have to mount a tranny, clutch, new pedals, change the in cabin wiring harnesses.
3. Some of the mounts for an auto and manual may not be the same.
4. You'll run into issues if you ever want to sell your car. i.e. your vin says it's an auto yet you have a stick. This could mean that your car is "modified" and insurance people might have issue with that if you ever get in an accident. They could blame your accident on the mods that you performed.
5. It's just easier and less complicated to just sell your current car and look for one with a manual.

Okay, now that I'm done with that, I still want to do the conversion on mine. (not sure if I ever will, but have thought about it) I don't care what all the pundints say. Leon is working on a conversion for Jasmine and I'm waiting on his results (his will be a little different). If you are going to have a shop do the job for you, then pricing will depend on what they will charge per hour. You could probably get alot of the parts from a junk yard, but you'll have to research that. If you are truly going to do the job, I suggest you get a Helm's manual and study it thoroughly and compare the different parts necessary for the job.

Good luck if you try to do this.

G

·
I will do this if after a few years I don't find the perfect 6 speed Milano red 95 LS coupe. I know that there has to be one out there that will go up for sale someday exactly the way that I want it. When It does I'll snatch it up if it doesn't go for to much money.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i can't wait though for the "perfect" 6 speed legend ls coupe with low miles :*( i need something this summer .. and fairly soon ;*(

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Its always fun to work on you own car though, even if you do sell it.

dont forget the Engine harness has one connector that is different in auto to manual. so youll need a manual engine harness as well.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
950 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts