Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
which do you think would win

1972 cutlass Supreme convertible 350 V8 with an auto tranny(engine has been rebuilt)
180 HP
275 TQ
3907 lbs

or my

1994 Acura Legend L sedan 3.2 V6 with an auto tranny
200 HP
210 TQ
3516 lbs

from the specs it seems the G2 should win but what do you think

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the reason i ask is cause my friend has one and, uhh during spirited driving together. i found that i could pull him once i hit 3rd but its neck and neck up until that point

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you really want to know. Race him. on the track of course. Because honestly there is no way you can tell who wins because assumptions could be wrong.
well when i said

well the reason i ask is cause my friend has one and, uhh during spirited driving together. i found that i could pull him once i hit 3rd but its neck and neck up until that point
i was basicly saying i have raced him and we were neck and neck until i hit 3rd and i started pulling him

i was just wondering how you guys think it would turn out

· Registered
580 Posts
Like oh ma gooosh, I was like juss kiddeeeen. Seriously, I was behind an 05 SRT 10 when some guy in this camry beside the viper floors it, a couple seconds later the viper floors it and RRRRRRRRRRAPES THE CAMRY. it was the biggest whoopin Ive seen in my life.

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
The Legend would win. My first car was a 74 Olds Cutlass.

· Registered
658 Posts
I had a '72 Cutlass with the Rocket 350 and TurboHydromatic 350. My money's on the GM hunk of iron. 'Specially if it gots teh Quadrajet. The '74 was emasculated like you wouldn't believe. '73 was the watershed year when power disappeared. Where did 3907 pounds come from?

Learned about jetting on that Cutlass when I plopped a single-plane intake manifold on it and gas mileage plummeted 25%. Take the air cleaner off and see the mixture cloud extending 6 inches above the carb due to drastic change in reversion compared to the stocker. Also learned that breaker point ignition SUCKS!!! GM HEI toot-sweet. Added a Turbo400 and learned about custom drive-shafts.

· Registered
1,770 Posts
Legend will win, sorry 350Rocket guys - need to bring a bigblock to the race in order to eek past. Just because it's a V8, doesn't mean that it's going to walk away - those cars were pigs...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.