Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I in trouble here? Do I want to put these into my stock Legend coupe? I read the stuff about blue lights and spectrum. What about this stuff on wattage and harness ratings? Am I going to burn something up if I install these lights?
They are 9005 100W and 9006 80W. How about just the 80 watters? Or do I just need to re-dump them on ebay? Last lights I will buy that way for sure.:confused:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Anytime you use a high-wattage application in excess of 70 watts you need to use an auxillary harness and relays. Failure will most probably lead to melted harnesses. Why take a chance for $50??? You don't even want to ask the price of new OEM lamp harnesses.

I have used a 9004 (80/100watt) kit for over 7 yrs. The Legend (80watt) for over 4. Both use the kits.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I will bite. Where can I find an aux harness and relays? For $50? Look forward to hearing back.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
i've had them for a while

Xenon Opti blue's are good. the look like HID just not as bright. 80/100 have not cause any probs. no over heating or anything like that. i dont think you would have a problem with operating them in you car.

$28.95 from my local auto performance store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts