Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
carmel

anyone ever make carmel candy? ...or heat up sugar too much in a pan?

if sugar is in your tank, when the sugar-gas hits the cylinders and heats up, it crystalizes and hardens (or at the very least, becomes gummy). This pretty much clogs everything in the engine from the combustion chambers on out; neccessitating a rebuild! (and you need to find a mechanic who has time to clean hardened sugar (consistency of hard candy) off of pretty much every part in the engine).

on an unrelated note, mcdonalds coats thier fries in sugar to get that "golden brown" look when they're fried. now you know =)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: carmel

MrOnions said:
anyone ever make carmel candy? ...or heat up sugar too much in a pan?

if sugar is in your tank, when the sugar-gas hits the cylinders and heats up, it crystalizes and hardens (or at the very least, becomes gummy). This pretty much clogs everything in the engine from the combustion chambers on out; neccessitating a rebuild! (and you need to find a mechanic who has time to clean hardened sugar (consistency of hard candy) off of pretty much every part in the engine).

on an unrelated note, "mcdonalds coats thier fries in sugar to get that "golden brown" look when they're fried". now you know =)
Oh my God, I've been eating "Sugar Fries"! Learned something today, he he...:eek: :eek: :D :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
while in pembroke lakes mall last week i was looking at the new dakota quad cab (no.. i absolutely have nointerest in buying one) and checking out some of the features it had. what suprised me was the i popped open the gas door, and there was a keyed entry to open up the gas nozzle. how clever.

anyone know where to get this ? or even if it exists ? this would give us a nice piece of mind about people mesing around with our tanks

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Hurleysurf24 said:
while in pembroke lakes mall last week i was looking at the new dakota quad cab (no.. i absolutely have nointerest in buying one) and checking out some of the features it had. what suprised me was the i popped open the gas door, and there was a keyed entry to open up the gas nozzle. how clever.

anyone know where to get this ? or even if it exists ? this would give us a nice piece of mind about people mesing around with our tanks
you can get a gas cover with a key at meijers or any auto store

·
Registered
85 Posts
MCDONALDS

ACTUALLY...MCdonalds just lost a 10 million dollar lawsuit to them crazy veggiesb/c they coat their french fries with beef tallow......you know that beef fat dust crap.............thus pissing off the die hard vegetarians........illy stuff to me but you know..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.