Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

Just started having some problems with some slipping in the tranny. It first seemed that it was shifting kinda loose and would slip between 3rd and 4th. Now it slips going into all gears and sometimes it wont grab at all and I have to coast a while. Took it to a local shop, just a mom and pop shop, and they said need the new tranny but I know the guy and all he did was take it for a quick spin and say this. He didn't really look at anything. I just changed the fluid about 500 miles ago so I know it's good. Any help would be excellent. The guy that owns the shop has a 88 legens sitting there with a blown clutch and said the only other thing wrong with it was that the reverse gear had a chipes gear and made noise when in reverse. I was knda thinking of buying it with a new clutch unless there was something I could do with mine. Would the chipped reverse gear be a problem or just a nuisence??? Thanks again!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey im sorta havin the same problems, ill give it some gas and it wont do anything, a few seconds later it will kick in, that happens on the highway sometimes, and when im on the street, sometimes when i gvie it som gas the rpms will rev up then finally catch i think my trannys goin bad, its gettin looked at this weekend though if everything goes well :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know what happens, I am going to try to get the tranny flushed this weekend and i'll let ya know how it works.

·
Registered
36 Posts
how much is that gonna cost ya.. flushing transmition n all. or u gonna do it urself.. its really preatty easy .. i got a bunch of transmition fluid layin around , if it helps let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts