Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to this site and BB...
I've looked through a lot of the posts and FAQ... but haven't found some of the info I'm looking for.
I want to lower my 88 Acura Legend Sedan, but it seems like everything I find is for the coupe... or newer G-2 Legends. Anybody know how to lower this car? What will swap/fit? I can remove the springs and take off a coil... or half a coil... but I wanted to get performance springs and preferrably adjustable drop (at least in the front). I'm watching a kit on Ebay made by OBX for a 90-94 accord for $125.00 (Item number: 260117282512)... I'd like to make that work if I could... I saw a post about using Integra? struts to lower a Legend but couldn't find the post detailing the mod. Anybody have any knowledge or ideas about this?
I would like adjustable drop in the front so I can raise the car in the winter to clear winter tires... but I can live without the adjustable part if I have to... LOL I live up north where it actually snows... as a matter of fact it's mid April and still snowing off and on!
Are Accords the same basic body as a Legend? I saw a Accord today that looked very similar to my car but had headlights that I would like to put in my Legend... Ideas anybody???
Thanks anybody/everybody for any ideas or help you can give.
I also want to put a custom front bumper on but it is the same story... everything I can find available now is for the newer cars... 91 and up... I may have to fab something. Ideas????

·
Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
939 Posts
Yea that was me who lowered on the 2nd gen integra coilovers...If you plan to also do winter driving...I would recommend some intrax or vogtlands...would not recommend my setup unless you are willing to invest a lot of time and money fixing camber and replacing tires.

Edit: this thread should have all the info you need about my set up.

www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f93/new-g1-block-107919/

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
My set up; tokico blues and eibachs lowering springs...

And check this out; PCP recently discovered by our own mod sam o nela :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard...

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Sweet another 88 Sedan. I'm also planning to lower mine. I'm gonna get what pnoy2(Ferj) has. Welcome homie.

·
Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
939 Posts
Edit: FIXED link

hrm....its not workin for some reason...just click on my avatar then go to threads started by beeze then go to page 2 and click on new g1 on the block.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think the integra adjustables are the way to go. but the back ones are at full hight just to clear so im going to go to a local company and see if they will make the rears with a longer body so i can still adjust them for when i go to the drags

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nvrmind the eibach part numbers lol. I just bought a set of blue adjustable 91-94 Integra coilovers on ebay for 41.00! 12.99 for the coilover set and 29.00 shipping lol I think that price is good?
It says 1 to 4" adjustment. the seller is universalproductdesign in case anybody else is interested
What are the "best" shocks/struts to use?
I'm looking at some 17" x 7.50" American Racing chrome wheels... does that width sound about right? What size lo pro tires to run? My friend owns a tire shop so I'm getting them just above wholesale but I don't understand the numbering system on the tires... 245/45/17 or whatever and he tried to explain it but I don't think he really knows either. He doesn't sell many of these type or tires.
Thanks for the welcome and all the info so far!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW I'm an ex-Californian lol grew up in S. L.A. (Huntington Park) and moved to O.C. then Running Springs.. now up here.
I like the stance of Beeze and Pnoye2 G1's... that's what I'm looking for in mine.
I know it's not along this thread... but I'd like your opinions on subwoofer setup in the G1 sedan. I want to run 2 Cerwin Vega Stroker 10's in the rear deck with box built under w. 4 Kenwood 1000 watt rms digital amps driving them. Any ideas/comments?
I think that the G2 sedan trunk lid is going to buzz like mad with all the plastic on it. gotta think about how to stop that buzz lol.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Well if your gonna use that much amp, I suggest to put a second battery in the trunk that way you don't drain the one under the hood. For the sub setup, if your gonna need some trunk space, use a small box so at least you have space to put your stuff in. I got a big box, almost got no space in there lol. Oh and don't forget to use thick wires for the amps. I'd say 4awg should be good. If you have trouble, let us know.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
BTW I'm an ex-Californian lol grew up in S. L.A. (Huntington Park) and moved to O.C. then Running Springs.. now up here.
I like the stance of Beeze and Pnoye2 G1's... that's what I'm looking for in mine.
I know it's not along this thread... but I'd like your opinions on subwoofer setup in the G1 sedan. I want to run 2 Cerwin Vega Stroker 10's in the rear deck with box built under w. 4 Kenwood 1000 watt rms digital amps driving them. Any ideas/comments?
I think that the G2 sedan trunk lid is going to buzz like mad with all the plastic on it. gotta think about how to stop that buzz lol.
Do you have a coupe or a sedan. because those integra springs will not fit on the 88 sedan rears. I'm not even 100% sure about coupes.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I want to lower my 88 Acura Legend Sedan, but it seems like everything I find is for the coupe... or newer G-2 Legends. Anybody know how to lower this car? What will swap/fit?
Nothing will swap from the Accord. There are slight differences here and there, and I don't know how much it will affect the alignment. I've never found adjustable struts, but there are coil-over kits that will work, but I don't like those-horrible ride. Here's what I got... Intrax springs and Tokico struts. Good for 1.5" drop front, 1.2 rear.

Are Accords the same basic body as a Legend? I saw a Accord today that looked very similar to my car but had headlights that I would like to put in my Legend... Ideas anybody???
The '93 and older bodystyle Accord is what you saw, and again some modification would have to be done to make them work. But to my understanding, all the projector lights and stuff are plastic for that car. I didn't want plastic headlights on a car with factory glass, so I didn't attempt it. I've thought about separating the factory glass ones from the casing, and blacking out, or chroming out some interior parts of them, but I have a lot on my hands right now.

I also want to put a custom front bumper on but it is the same story... everything I can find available now is for the newer cars... 91 and up... I may have to fab something. Ideas????
Oh yeah, SH!# out of luck on that one, I need replacement skirts.

·
Registered
477 Posts
sam o nela said:
^ Hey thats gonna be my exact setup! Intrax and Tokico! :thumbs:
this is also going to be my exact setup. i have already purchased the struts. the intrax springs will be ordered when the $600 stimulus check comes, (along with obx headers). can't f'in wait.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
So Gabe, Intrax has rear lowering springs for 86-88 sedans? I am asking because the rear suspension design on the 86-88 sedan is different from the 89-90 sedan/87-90 coupe. The rear springs and shocks mount seperately on the 86-88 sedans. Like Ken said earlier.

Or is there a way you can mount the springs on the struts (like the rear susp of 89-90 sedan) and install them on rear of an 86-88 sedan that way?

·
Registered
120 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.