Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 5 speed manual Tranny, when i'm driving from start it starts out okay and then it jus' locks up. But when i press the clutch in it rolls fine. When i get out of gear it rolls fine. When i start 2 drive again it makes a noise then it locks up. Locks-up means like you slamed od the brakes in the tranny. Any ideas? Works in all gears including reverse but it locks up from leting off the gas to shift
or jus' to apply the clutch. If you think new tranny needed, anyone have one drop me aline. S.A.,tx here

· Registered
4,259 Posts
BlackViper said:
I've got a 5 speed manual Tranny, when i'm driving from start it starts out okay and then it jus' locks up. But when i press the clutch in it rolls fine. When i get out of gear it rolls fine. When i start 2 drive again it makes a noise then it locks up. Locks-up means like you slamed od the brakes in the tranny. Any ideas? Works in all gears including reverse but it locks up from leting off the gas to shift
or jus' to apply the clutch. If you think new tranny needed, anyone have one drop me aline. S.A.,tx here
Clutch seems to be in working order as you've discribed, sounds like another neglected tranny IMO... check/clean your solenoids as well, do as others suggested and use honda ATF, utilize the search function too, you might find all the answers your looking for... ;) good luck!

· Registered
4,259 Posts
5speed said:
I believe he's referring to the auto trans.
:giggle: I sure was 5speed... my bad BlackViper... I really want to edit my post after I submitted my reply so I wont look like a dumb a$$ but just left it alone and see if anybody noticed it... :D atleast now I know somebody is paying attention...

· Registered
1,723 Posts
pnoye2 said:
:giggle: I sure was 5speed... my bad BlackViper... I really want to edit my post after I submitted my reply so I wont look like a dumb a$$ but just left it alone and see if anybody noticed it... :D atleast now I know somebody is paying attention...
Ha! Ha! I just recently had a brain fart when replying to Polarican90L's post regarding large rims..Wasn't the first and probably not my last(unless I die in the next few minutes...).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.