Acura Legend Forum banner

90LS Coupe Um can't remember

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  FutureX 2001 
#1 ·
Just got a new windshield, nice but I can't remember what the trim is supposed to be like. First thing that goes is you know what and the second is your short term memory so the first doesn't matter. Anyway the new plastic trim is loose so I'm not happy but It is not one piece and well I can't um remember what it - you know what I mean.

#4 ·
sorry trying to be funny

So I've got a new windshield. I can't remember what the trim around the bloody thing is supposed to be like because it's gone and has been replaced with some plastic trim that's loose. Is the trim a one piece thing similar to the rear window? I guess i've got to find a g1 and have a look - not as easy as it sounds. Or take it as it is. Perfectionists which some of us are have a hard time with that...................... so the blonde swings down and .......................................you decide to buy the civic after all.

#5 ·
If you're talking about the piece on the top of the windshield (closest to the roof) it should have the same style black trim as the back window. The installers may have destroyed the piece because they are very hard to remove without the correct tools.

#6 ·
i know that there are 2 kinds of trim. my legend has chrome housing but i've seen others with black housing. while we're on the subject...i'm missing one trimming on the passnger side of the front windshield! i was driving like 100 something mph on the freeway and i heard a noise like something come off my car and give. as soon as i got out of the car i took a look around and didn't notice anything different and then it hit me, one of the chrome piece on the windshield were missing. my ride looks hella ghetto but i still love it. (o;`btw..would anyone know how much it'd cost to replace it? :D

#7 ·
LegendSpeed said:
was driving like 100 something mph on the freeway and i heard a noise like something come off my car and give. as soon as i got out of the car i took a look around and didn't notice anything different and then it hit me, one of the chrome piece on the windshield were missing
LoL, sorry to laugh at your misfortune but I was trying to imagine it in my mind it seemed funny :D Vroooommm.... "crrr...woosh"

I feel sorry for anyone that was behind you!

#10 ·
Hey.. How much was it to replace the windshield? Did you do it yourself? I need to replace mine- it has a lot of tiny chips in it.

'90 LS coupe
166,000 miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.