Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello a friend of mine has a 91 4 door legend and $10k to spend on it. i already explained to him that the car is not worth that much but he loves it and is older and has his own house and wants to hook it up. he said he wanted to paint it pearl white so thats probably 3k right there and is going to spend around 2k on the stereo. he wants to keep it clean and subtle. what are the some good fitting bodykits? are there any that are urethane? how about coilovers? i have TEIN coilovers in my celica and the ride is great but some cheap kits are too bouncy. where can i find one piece headlights? he loves my HIDs but i explained to him that the legend doesnt have projectors like my celica and HIDS would be blindingly bright, but i was thinking of going with a kit with a high kelvin rating like 10000k so it wont be so bright. what rim size is the legend? i would like to get him a clean pair of 19s, chrome with a lip and simple design, maybe 5 star. alltogether he is going for the clean subtle look, nothing too dramatic, thanks for any help :D

· Factory Freak!
1,651 Posts
So I'm guessing he is'nt really into engine work and wants the car to just look good right? If so, I'd go with some clean chrome 19's and make sure the rear rims are flush with the body and have deep dish. Drop it about 1.5 inches depending on area roadways. Get JDM one piece headlights, leave the housing chrome with 6500k HID's. Blackout the windows. Pearl paint would be gorgeous. If theres gonna be a bodykit, go to some JDM websites and order a drifter style kit, those look like sex! Debadge the whole car, get a chrome grill, remove the spoiler, shave the antenna and side moldings. For the interior, depending on condition, replace every leather piece there is, add seat warmers and massagers for front and back, get a wood grain kit, and finish it off with a clean dual-din cd player, those make you look rich! That would be MY ideal 4 door. :D

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Haha, he said the drifter kits look like sex. I'd agree with everything he said except the spoiler removel, keep it!

I say give me the 10k, and I'll redo my Legend. Sounds like a much better idea to me really :)

· FIXER
1,720 Posts
I would get rid of it and buy a mint 95 6 speed with low miles. I would keep it stock and take great care of it. You asked........................

· Registered
3,012 Posts
PerzianKabob said:
i would tell him to sell the 91, and buy a pearl white 95. putting 10k is not worth it in a 91, because he's going to regret it when it's all done.
Agreed. I put about 4500 into mine and now I'm parting it out.

Get somethin newer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.