Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my glove box to replace my cabin filter because there's an annoying cricket noise everytime I turn on the heat or the A/C. While reading the DIY's for this, someone mentioned that the '91 2nd gen sedans do not come with a cabin filter but there is a slot for one. Sure enough, there is no cabin filter in mine but the slot to put one in.

I want to know if it would be a good idea idea to go out and buy one and install it. Will it make much of a difference?

BTW - I guess the noise is coming from the blower unit... :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can go ahead and change it but there will not be any difference, the 'filter' is a piece of cardboard with honeycomb holes in it. The only advantage is that it will keep more leaves, etc. from getting that far into your heating & cooling system. What disappointed me is that it does nothing to filter anything harmful that passes through the outside air. I would recommend you get in there and pull out anything loose to either side of the airbox (probably the incoming side) from the filter location, it will make the squeal stop.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, I had no problem accessing the cabin filter. Just wanted to know if it would be a good idea to put one in since there currently ISN'T one in there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i think...

i think we should no use the out side air when it's windy outside....

only when it's foggy inside the car use the outside air option.. other than that leave the inside circulation all times.. that's what i do.. becuase i think when there is lots of leaves and other stuff flying around the road if your car is on outside air option it will suck all that into the car... just my thoughts...
[email protected]
Mandidy

·
Registered
13 Posts
For those of us that have the HORRIBLE habit of smoking though, using the outside 99% of the time helps keep the car from smelling like nasty cigarettes. hahahaha one day I'll quit I guess. I just found out the other day that my car has the filter. I think I'll be replacing it soon. thanks for all the info. I think I'll try to make one myself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.