Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my rims the other day off ebay. Had to get them bored at a machine shop to fit. What do ya think?

bling bling!

I drew this sketch after looking at my Legend today.

Just kidding!!

Last one.. side moldings with a fresh coat of shoe polish.
:D :D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I like it a lot. Ever since I saw that other Legend Coupe with TL/CL-S rims, I have been seriously thinking about getting them for my Coupe. The more I see it, the more I want it, and the more I feel this is what the CL-S should have looked like in the first place :) IMHO, it makes the Legend look like a newly release Acura, like a 2002 model or something.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wow. That looks incredible. Mind if I jock your style? If I come across a set of them I DEFINATELY want to do that. That looks very good.
Imitation is the highest form of flatery. :D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Wow! That looks really nice.

That was going to be my choice rims but I couldn't get a decent set for a good price. So I purchased a set of ATP Italia S5 from a TL owner instead. I still had to custom bore them, I like them because they have a somewhat stock look to them.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you guys, I've had nothing but compliments from friends, (probably because they are my friends), but I like 'em anyhow. Yes I was trying to be original, and no you can't jock my style.:mad: Hehe just kidding man:D Do it man, you won't be dissapointed.;)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
For those who are thinking about doing this rim swap, keep in mind that the TL-S and CL-S rims are different. The TL-S rims are a 17X6.5" with a +55 offset, while the CL-S rims are a 17X7 with a +55 offset.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Looks great man. How much for the boring? You actually have CL-S rims, not TL-S...Just thought I'd let you know...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
legendarith said:
Very nice! =) Yes, TL-S also has the option to come with those rims. My friend has a TL-S with them on. I'm going to ask him to give them to me... lol , it never hurts to ask! :D
Like I mentioned before, while the CL-S and TL-S rims look the same, they are not. TL-S has a very slightly redesigned face to help give more protection against curb damage, and it is also half an inch skinnier than the CL-S rims.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Will the CL-S rims fit without being machined? If not, is there anyway to change hubs? By doing so I assume I'd lose my Brembos though. :(
How much did it cost to have those rims machined?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, I am pretty sure they are TL-S, because on the inside of the rim it says "17x6.5 55+. But that is just from my photographic memory, I could be wrong.

If you are in Georgia, I can refer you to the guy who did them for me, 50$ for the whole set at a machine shop and he knows his shi*t. Did a great job, perfectly drilled... Alot cheaper than 75$ per wheel at a rim shop.

email me and I will give directions.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
HEy man i didnt happen to be in front of you yesterday on Pleasent Hill road and ronald regan parkway? i black coupe with CL-S rims rolled by but it didnt have the clear rear bumper lighs so i dono. I dont think it was you though because the one i saw had the lLED in the trunk so it was a 94 or 95 so it must not have been you. Looks good.

oh yeah i had the silver coupe with 18in racing harts slammed. in case you did see me

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
LeoLegendATL said:
Hmm, I am pretty sure they are TL-S, because on the inside of the rim it says "17x6.5 55+. But that is just from my photographic memory, I could be wrong.

If you are in Georgia, I can refer you to the guy who did them for me, 50$ for the whole set at a machine shop and he knows his shi*t. Did a great job, perfectly drilled... Alot cheaper than 75$ per wheel at a rim shop.

email me and I will give directions.
See the difference? The TL-S is the top pic. It has an outer "lip" around the edge of the rim. That is the most noticeable difference. Yes, I am in South Georgia but will drive to get them bored out. Contact information would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool, the CL-S rims are the ones I wanted anyway, I guess the guy who sold them to me didn't know the difference. Thanks for clearing that up!:)

As far as the machine shop, here is the info:
Chapman Tools Inc. 770-345-2940
If you are coming from South Georgia, take 75N to 575N and get off at exit 11, Sixes Rd. Take a right, then take a left at the first stop light. then you will go about 3 miles to a stop light which is downtown Holly Springs (really small town). Take a right there which is Hickory Road. Then I think it is the second left, a street called Holly Springs Industrial Blvd. Take a right. Chapman is on the right about a mile, on a hill, there is a big sign, says Chapman.

Or just call me and I can meet you somewhere and we can go together. Ill pm you my number.
thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thats hot.

·
Registered
460 Posts
rsx wheels????

hey do you guys know if the rsx wheels would fit? What is the offset and bolt patterns?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.