Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post.
I have a 91' Legend. Great car so far, but it does burn some oil.

Within the Past year, I have replaced:

Fuel Pump
Fuel Filter
All 6 Fuel Injectors
MAP Sensor
O2 Sensor
Spark Plugs
Alternator
Battery

Most recently, about 2 weeks ago, I replaced the Alternator and Battery.

After the recent battery change, now the car will start and fire up for a second, or less, and then cut off. It's not a bad battery, b/c I replaced the battery 3 times already thinking I bought a bad one, but still same problem.

I checked around for loose connections, but everything seems ok.

Any ideas?
Thanks in Advance.
Take Care.
Old.

· Registered
2,843 Posts
Does the engine die as soon as you release the key? If so, the problem would be the electrical part of the ignition switch. Common problem on Legends. Try holding the key between the start and on position-in other words, don't fully release it after starting the car. If you can keep it running using this method, that would confirm the switch as the problem.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You the Man Kenso.

I just tried starting it and held the key fully turned and it stayed on, but kept making a screaching sound, so I let go and it shut off immediately.

So you're saying the ignition switch needs to be replaced? I'll look into that. Thank you again, and this is really a great site! :)
Old

· Registered
65 Posts
has your timing belt been done...
there is also the fuel PRESSURE REGULATOR to consider...
maybe that MAIN RELAY thing that seems to be heavy with legends...

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to let yall know that I just changed out the Ignition Switch and now the car starts up like it's brand new. For the past few years, it would take the car about several seconds to fire up, but now it's instant!
Just wanted to thank you for the help.
Take care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.