Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day my interior door handle stopped working, I couldn't open the door with the interior, have to roll down the window and use the outside handle to open the door. Checking online, seems the plastic holder for the door cable is a common culprit. The OEM door handle chrome was peeling off anyway, so I got another assembly off of Ebay. The only video I found was a YouTube one and the guy showed the assembly coming out easily after the two screws are removed (appears to be the same model although he doesn't say which Legend it is.) My issue is my assemble isn't coming out except for the backside and towards the front part of the assembly it appears to be attached somehow. I don't want to break anything and I noticed on the Ebay assembly there is a screw that came with and isn't holding anything, I'm wondering if it goes to the frame of the door. Red circle in pic. In the YouTube, the guy just popped out the assembly, no mentioned of this screw.

My question is does anyone know if I need to remove the door panel fully to get behind it and remove the door handle assembly? I'd rather not, but I'd like to get this fixed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts