Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My mom's cherry '92 Legend L is now mine to feed and care for. It has all of 21,500 miles on it, garaged, and somewhat maintained over the years.

I'm digging thru her maintenance records, and it does not look too bad. But for a car of this age and mileage, what stuff is recommended that I look at / replace / watch for?

And for this engine (3.2 v6), will the timing belt be an issue, and at what mileage?

TIA!

2,762 Posts
You should read over the FAQ (link in my signature) for maintenance schedule. In your case, pay special attention to the time vs. the mileage recommended for service. I changed my timing belt at 63k because of time. Some will say don't worry about it, but I say it is up to you. You need to decide whether the money saved by not doing recommended service is truly worth more than any sleep you will lose or damge you may cause by NOT doing it.

Welcome! You have a great car there, take care of her.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
acc-unit said:
wow, that might possibly be the lowest mileage legend that exists today.... the timing belt should be replaced at 90,000k service.
Nope, last year that legend (95 Ls white coupe 6 speed) that was the certified used show car for acura, for 10 years, in heated climate control storage, never titled, that was sold on ebay by acura of las vegas i think sold for $30,000 only had like 1,200 miles on it

If i had kids i would of sold them to buy that car, i was trying to find awayto get that car, bank laughed at me when I told them what I wanted a loan for, techincally it was a new car.... 30k for 10 y/r car

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Shaylord said:
Nope, last year that legend (95 Ls white coupe 6 speed) that was the certified used show car for acura, for 10 years, in heated climate control storage, never titled, that was sold on ebay by acura of las vegas i think sold for $30,000 only had like 1,200 miles on it
It sold for around $25k and it had 6,500 miles. I know because I was the one who saw it first (in person) at the Las Vegas Acura dealer. Sure was a beaut. The new owner is on the forums as well ("SE95"). :D Here's when Louie (the sales manager) pulled it outside so I could get a couple of pics...

Justin, congrats on the acquisition and take good care of her. Sounds like a rare low-mileage Legend. Post some pics when you get a chance!

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Searchin4acoupe said:
I thought it was a '94?
Confirmed. It's a '94. And the guy's name is 95SE b/c he also (surprise) has a 1995 Legend SE.

PS - Justin, if you want to see what kind of maintenance a Legend requires, you can see my thread here... It shows everything I've ever changed. Make sure you keep an eye on your cooling system as a priority.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75434

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.