Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 93 LS with 112,000 miles on it it runs great the timing belt and the water pump were already changed, can anyone give me any tips on keeping the car and engine up to par? like what oil is recommended, should I do a radiator flush right away?, when i change the oil should I flush? etc, any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
Damanthelegend said:
I just purchased a 93 LS with 112,000 miles on it it runs great the timing belt and the water pump were already changed, can anyone give me any tips on keeping the car and engine up to par? like what oil is recommended, should I do a radiator flush right away?, when i change the oil should I flush? etc, any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.
I mainly follow the recommended service schedule. Read this for lots of info.

http://acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71633&

Also, here is a link to the service manual in pdf format.

http://www.johnny-kim.com/turbo/91-93Legend.pdf

· Registered
507 Posts
Damanthelegend said:
I just purchased a 93 LS with 112,000 miles on it it runs great the timing belt and the water pump were already changed...should I do a radiator flush right away?
the coolant should has been replaced in the timing belt job, and is good for 30K miles. just need to keep an eye on it.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice, I actually just did an engine flush and put in sythethetic oil, I also did the radiator flush this weekend? the car runs smooth the only thing i notice is when i stop and I'm still in D the car vibarates a little nothing crazy just when i stop when i go its so smooth you can hardly hear it, any ideas what the vibration is? maybe just the age of the car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.